The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Ranting Room (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   we're back (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5414)

"Backyard Mechanic" 09-29-2007 08:10 AM

we're back

Where have we been? Are internet has been going haywire lately.It would work sometimes in the morning and by the afternoon it would stop all together,Has been doing this for a week or so,I got Embarq coming out today to fix it:shrug01:I wish I could change providers but it would cost me about 250$ for broken my contract.They really stick it to you.:ack2::thumbsdown:

ynkedad 09-29-2007 08:32 AM

:welcome: Back:thumbsup:. We've been having the Same problems here:banghead::banghead::banghead:!

vett boy 09-29-2007 09:49 AM

I always thought if someone wasn't providing service you can change

Rich Z 09-29-2007 09:50 AM

When I had that problem here, it turned out to be some sort of filters in the line up on the pole. When the sun would hit them during the early afternoon, they would heat up and fail. Once they were replaced, problem went away.

Shadow 09-29-2007 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by "Backyard Mechanic" (Post 34622)
Where have we been? Are internet has been going haywire lately.It would work sometimes in the morning and by the afternoon it would stop all together,Has been doing this for a week or so,I got Embarq coming out today to fix it:shrug01:I wish I could change providers but it would cost me about 250$ for broken my contract.They really stick it to you.:ack2::thumbsdown:

Welcome back:thumbsup:

As for the service termination, DOCUMENT EVERYTHING!

Phone calls, personal meetings, visits, repairs, down time, everything!!

At some point, you'll be able to prove that they're not providing the service you're paying for. Although most internet contracts try to weasle out of that by using a disclaimer in ther contract, you'll usually prevail. It's not worth the bad publicity, potential class action (you're likely no alone in this) not the cost to defent themselves in court.

They'll usually allow you to get out of the contract with a month or less payment.

Classy 09-29-2007 04:41 PM

They have finally come by and fixed us.They said they would be here between 1-3 pm,showed up at 4:05.:thumbsdown:It's good to be back home.:thumbsup:

Shadow 09-29-2007 07:42 PM

regardless, it's good to have you back:thumbsup:

"Backyard Mechanic" 10-01-2007 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Classy (Post 34681)
They have finally come by and fixed us.They said they would be here between 1-3 pm,showed up at 4:05.:thumbsdown:It's good to be back home.:thumbsup:

10 mins. after they left it stopped working again,they will be out tommorrow to fix it,In the meantime I have ran a new phone line to a different location in the house and so far no problems:shrug01::ack2:

THOR 10-01-2007 07:07 PM

I wondered what happened to you folks. Glad to see you back online.:thumbsup:

Kap142 10-02-2007 08:14 AM

I missed ya but heck I haven't been here too often this week myself.

Ken:banghead: