The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Florida Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Rain to my north (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108628)

CHASZ51 04-04-2017 06:38 PM

Rain to my north

Heavy rain 30 miles to my north. Not a drop around me, but way up in Dixie county they had over 8" today.

Rich Z 04-04-2017 08:49 PM

Yeah, we got POUNDED here with rain yesterday. Started a bit after 4pm and rained hard into the night. Not sure how much rain we got but some tubs I put out to collect rainwater for my insectivorous plants were filled to overflowing.

And we have a substantial amount of standing water in our temporary pond behind a big bamboo grove. Had to throw out some mosquito dunk bits so the mosquitoes don't have a field day breeding there. Of course, I imagine there are lots of other temporary ponds all over the place right now out in the lower areas of our woods near the stream on the north end.

CHASZ51 04-05-2017 06:29 AM

We can't buy a drop and it's been dry since late Sept and i see no real rain till late June.

Rich Z 04-05-2017 11:52 AM

Darn! You would think your area would get regular rainstorms with the westerly breezes bringing moisture laden air off of the Gulf of Mexico constantly. I thought I was living in the most drought prone area of Florida. I've watched storm fronts heading this way, no matter from what direction, have them break up when they get here, then reform on the other side, with not a drop of rain hitting us. This happens very frequently. Started getting my thinking that there might be something to that magnetics lab in Tallahassee having an influence of some sort.

CHASZ51 04-05-2017 06:57 PM

9 out of 10 times the upper level energy never makes it this far south in the winter. You almost always see more rain in the winter than i do.

85vette 04-05-2017 07:47 PM

Luckily we didn't get any of this stuff today (at least so far). I was monitoring the system this morning and Georgia was having Tornado watches one after the other. I don't know how they fared but it wasn't looking good.

Rich Z 04-05-2017 08:17 PM

Looks like we will have storms training over us coming up from the Gulf overnight. But I don't see anything yet that looks like a severe storm building up.

Rich Z 04-06-2017 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHASZ51 (Post 197861)
We can't buy a drop and it's been dry since late Sept and i see no real rain till late June.

According to the weather radar I am looking at, you just might be having some rain heading your way right now.

CHASZ51 04-06-2017 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 197883)
According to the weather radar I am looking at, you just might be having some rain heading your way right now.

Line broke apart and missed my whole county. Never got a drop while everyone else got 1" or more.

vett boy 04-06-2017 03:24 PM

This is why I'm going to hunker down in Marathon's low rent district :D 4 days of possible showers in the next month .