The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Detailing (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   08 leather dash (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14616)

stormin9mm 03-28-2008 09:57 AM

08 leather dash

GM handbook states only to use damp microfiber towel to clean. I am assuming that leather conditioners are out and only for the seats. Any thoughts, thanks ahead of time.

THOR 03-28-2008 12:47 PM

I would think you could use a gentle leather conditioner like Adam's which may also have some UV protecion.
Flashman, a local vendor and knowledgeable too, will be able to help you. I suggest giving him a call.

Flash man 03-28-2008 03:35 PM

Hello Norm,

Our leather conditioner contains lanolin and various softening agents that protect leather from drying and cracking. You can use it on leather or vinyl surfaces.
Its a good idea to condition leather seats frequently. Here is Florida the tempatures reach over 100 degrees inside of our vehicles. Especially in the sun. The heat dries out the natural animal oils that are in the leather hide. If you do not condition your leather for a long period of time, it will dry out, harden and crack. You can also use our Presto interior dressing to protect your dash. Presto is a safe water based dressing that contain a special blend of silicones that lubricate vinyl, leather, rubber, plastic and finished wood surfaces. Never use a solvent/silicone based dressing on the inside of a vehicle. All of our products are 100% biodegradable and enviromentally friendly.:)

Joe-Flash

Ms. AntiVenom 03-28-2008 04:44 PM

I love flash's leather conditioner!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash man (Post 55569)
Hello Norm,

Our leather conditioner contains lanolin and various softening agents that protect leather from drying and cracking. You can use it on leather or vinyl surfaces.
Its a good idea to condition leather seats frequently. Here is Florida the tempatures reach over 100 degrees inside of our vehicles. Especially in the sun. The heat dries out the natural animal oils that are in the leather hide. If you do not condition your leather for a long period of time, it will dry out, harden and crack. You can also use our Presto interior dressing to protect your dash. Presto is a safe water based dressing that contain a special blend of silicones that lubricate vinyl, leather, rubber, plastic and finished wood surfaces. Never use a solvent/silicone based dressing on the inside of a vehicle. All of our products are 100% biodegradable and enviromentally friendly.:)

Joe-Flash

Flash man 03-28-2008 05:07 PM

Thank you very, very much. Its reasonably priced too. :dancer01:

Joe-Flash

Ms. AntiVenom 03-28-2008 05:34 PM

and it dont get stuck in the little holes:lmao: no toothpick needed