The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Legal Issues (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   A senator can't be arrested? (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56178)

Bob K 02-28-2011 12:11 AM

A senator can't be arrested?

I just read this. What the hell is this?

"Bundgaard, who as a lawmaker is given legislative immunity from arrest, said he didn't do anything to warrant a charge. "If I'm guilty of something, they should charge me, and the constitution provides them with the ability to charge me if I have done something wrong," Bundgaard said.

Rich Z 02-28-2011 12:54 AM

I guess they consider that a perk of their job......

navy2kcoupe 02-28-2011 08:19 AM

Nothing prevents the LEO from shooting him because he's a terminal asshole! :rofl1:
Andy :wavey:

Bob K 02-28-2011 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navy2kcoupe (Post 133063)
Nothing prevents the LEO from shooting him because he's a terminal asshole! :rofl1:

I've got a smile on my face from reading your various posts this morning Andy. Thanks. :thumbsup:

navy2kcoupe 02-28-2011 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob K (Post 133064)
I've got a smile on my face from reading your various posts this morning Andy. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Sometimes I wake up with a little hair across my a$$ and just feel like letting it all out there.
When THAT happens, EVERYONE is fair game! :thumbsup:
Morning to ya Bob, and everyone else on the forum this morning.

Z06 Rocket 02-28-2011 10:32 AM

I am not 100% sure, but I think its not legal to arrest him for misdemeanors while the legislators are in session. Only violent crimes and/or serious cases like treason. When the session is over it is fair game, and the charges could be post poned until then. I guess the idea is to not allow someone to arrest a senator etc during session to interrupt votes and stall any bills. I believe most if not all states have some sort of law like that.

Bob K 02-28-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket (Post 133070)
I am not 100% sure, but I think its not legal to arrest him for misdemeanors while the legislators are in session. Only violent crimes and/or serious cases like treason. When the session is over it is fair game, and the charges could be post poned until then. I guess the idea is to not allow someone to arrest a senator etc during session to interrupt votes and stall any bills. I believe most if not all states have some sort of law like that.

Thanks for the reply. It made no sense to me till now. :thumbsup:

thebeepster 02-28-2011 12:50 PM

Only violent crimes and serious cases like TREASON??? My God, if that were only true, we could bust a number of these a$$holes NOW! A few names come to mind.....Pelosi, Reid, yada yada:dancer01:

Shadow 02-28-2011 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navy2kcoupe (Post 133063)

:lmao::lmao::rofl1::rofl1:

I like the way you think Andy!:thumbsup: