The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   CorvetteFlorida Feedback! (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Permission to upload photos? (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19593)

Big Ed 09-03-2008 08:09 AM

Permission to upload photos?

I have tried on numerious occasions to upload photos to this web site, and have had no luck at all. I followed the thread that gives very good instructions for this, but to no avail. :banghead:

The process seems to work up to the point where it says I need "permission" to finish the process. Who gives me permission to upload photos? :shrug01:

dvdcta 09-03-2008 03:09 PM

ASK RICH Z?

Rich Z 09-03-2008 03:48 PM

"Permission"??? That's a new one to me. Any registered member who is logged in should be able to post photos via the attachment upload function.

I guess I need to know more details about exactly what you are doing and when you get that message about "permission".

dvdcta 09-03-2008 03:57 PM

Not me!! I get in trouble just walking across the street!!

Big Ed 09-04-2008 06:53 AM

Rich Z,

Your post with the reference on uploading photos is the first place I went for help in doing same.

I'll try again with this post to see if I have any better luck.

I tried again, but no luck. I received a vbulletin msg stating that I had an invalid post specified, and if I'd followed a valid link then I need to contact an administrator.

It looks as though the photos had uploaded, but they just didn't end up in this post. It's all beyond me. :eek:

Rich Z 09-04-2008 10:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, obviously the process DOES work. I'm just not sure what the error means by the "invalid post", however. That generally only happens when someone clicks on an old link to a post or thread that no longer exists because it has been deleted.

You are attempting to upload a pic from your local computer's hard drive, aren't you?

Big Ed 09-04-2008 11:40 AM

Yes, I'm trying to upload from my hard drive. It looks like it uploads too, but I keep getting this odd message.

Rich Z 09-04-2008 01:44 PM

Wish I could help, but since other people are able to use the function without a problem, my guess is there is something different about your browser. Which, of course, I have no control over.

Sorry.....

Big Ed 09-05-2008 11:03 AM

Rich Z,

I finally stumbled on the correct formula for uploading photos: I only uploaded one at a time. Two wouldn't upload at all with a fatal error msg. No matter, I have four in a album.

Maybe another week to figure out how to get them into the members gallery!

:dancer01:

jakesindy 09-05-2008 01:21 PM

Nice

Nice car after black and silver reds the only other color vettes should be:lmao::lmao:Long live the .45