The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   On The Road Outside of Florida (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   NY,NY (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83914)

Kap142 10-29-2012 07:10 PM

NY,NY

Nice friggin storm!:thumbsdown:

Rich Z 10-29-2012 07:26 PM

Yeah, looks like it's going to be quite a mess up there. As I heard it described, "a hurricane wrapped with a 'nor easter'".

navy2kcoupe 10-30-2012 08:21 AM

Woke up this morning to a MESS of leaves and small branches in the yard, and it looks like someone wallpapered the cars with leaves, but other than that, we didn't have any other damage, came out quite well, and didn't even lose power! Yesterday was rainy and VERY windy, but I've been in worse thunderstorms in Tampa. This one lasted 9 hours though, just a bit longer than the thunderstorms I've been in. Our daughter in Asheville got a couple inches of snow (that's the white stuff that covers the ground in the pictures that some of you may have seen :rofl1: LOL), and our son in York, PA, looks to be in the direct path of what's left of Sandy. We'll talk to him later today to see how he's making out. Lots of flooding here with many, many trees and power lines down, and one of the local electric utility companies told their customers to prepare for outages that could last a week. And this was BEFORE the storm even hit! All in all......a lot of noise and rain, but I've still got dead leaves on the oak trees, so it must not have been too bad :D
Andy :wavey:

Kap142 10-30-2012 10:11 AM

Good to hear Andy. Was wondering how you guys were doing. Glad all is safe and well (all things considered.):thumbsup:

gmjunkie 10-31-2012 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navy2kcoupe (Post 166458)
Woke up this morning to a MESS of leaves and small branches in the yard, and it looks like someone wallpapered the cars with leaves, but other than that, we didn't have any other damage, came out quite well, and didn't even lose power! Yesterday was rainy and VERY windy, but I've been in worse thunderstorms in Tampa. This one lasted 9 hours though, just a bit longer than the thunderstorms I've been in. Our daughter in Asheville got a couple inches of snow (that's the white stuff that covers the ground in the pictures that some of you may have seen :rofl1: LOL), and our son in York, PA, looks to be in the direct path of what's left of Sandy. We'll talk to him later today to see how he's making out. Lots of flooding here with many, many trees and power lines down, and one of the local electric utility companies told their customers to prepare for outages that could last a week. And this was BEFORE the storm even hit! All in all......a lot of noise and rain, but I've still got dead leaves on the oak trees, so it must not have been too bad :D
Andy :wavey:

It was windy and cold as crap here in Old Fort NC,I loaded the car and I'm on the road to Vero Beach in about 5 minutes!:thumbsup:

:D

Kap142 10-31-2012 08:08 AM

Have a good trip Junk.:thumbsup:

navy2kcoupe 10-31-2012 10:02 AM

Don't drive too fast, Son :thumbsup:
Dad :wavey:

Rich Z 10-31-2012 12:05 PM

Yeah, this week would have been a real good week to NOT be up in the midatlantic and northeast parts of the USA.

Looks like temps are going to be warming up again down here. Got down into the low 40s here overnight the last couple of nights. Highs only in the upper 50s and breezy. I had to rustle up some long pants. :ack2: