The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   CorvetteFlorida Feedback! (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Doing some work on the server (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3120)

Rich Z 07-29-2007 01:19 PM

Doing some work on the server

I'm doing some changes with the DNS info for this site to try to speed things up. If anything strange happens, it's probably just me doing it, and hopefully it won't be too long before I get the problem ironed out.....

Kap142 07-29-2007 03:32 PM

seems......

everything loaded much faster as I signed on and came to new posts. Keep it up Rich:thumbsup:
Ken:dancer01:

brasscannon 07-29-2007 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kap142
everything loaded much faster as I signed on and came to new posts. Keep it up Rich:thumbsup:
Ken:dancer01:

Woo-hoo! Sounds like a step in the right direction.

Rich Z 07-29-2007 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brasscannon
Woo-hoo! Sounds like a step in the right direction.

Well, according to betterwhois, the dns info still hasn't propagated.... At least that is how I am reading the results I see.

But that being noted, the site DEFINITELY feels quicker to me....

2Vettes 07-29-2007 07:53 PM

:yesnod: Quicker :yesnod:

Rich Z 07-29-2007 09:46 PM

Well I just changed the DNS pointers for the site that handles my banner ads and apparently it blew them out of the water temporarily.... :ack2:

Just thought I would let you all know in case you thought your browser took a dump.....

C5Rick 07-31-2007 06:46 PM

Rich
Tonight the site seems real slow. I even had trouble accessing the site.
When I click on a particular topic it takes up to 45 seconds to load and sometimes not at all. This is the only site that's slow for me tonight.

brasscannon 07-31-2007 07:42 PM

Hmm! I just tried to reply to you, and lost the whole site for about a minute myself. I'm going to take a look at the database later tonight and see if there's anything fishy there.

The DNS changes are about helping you get to the site quickly and reliably; once you're here, it ought to be pretty peppy. The timer at the bottom of the page says we're whipping it out in less than a tenth of a second! Now we work on doing that consistently.

C5Rick 07-31-2007 08:42 PM

It is rare I have trouble accessing the site. Maybe once a month. The speed on the site differs all the time. Earlier it was real bad now it appears to be running smooth. I tried posting earlier and after a while I got " this page can not be displayed" or something of that nature.

2Vettes 07-31-2007 08:53 PM

Everything seems to be clicking along here :yesnod: