The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General BS forum (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Relocating to Jax! (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397)

3318C5 06-23-2006 07:36 PM

Relocating to Jax!

Well, time has come. I knew that sooner or later I would have to relocate with my company. I just came back to Miami today from Jacksonville. I will be flying back on Mondays till I find a house in Jax. Hope to meet some of locals soon. I guess I will go from being a dolphin to a Jag....Maybe a both..:thumbsup:

Well if any of you can recommend an area to live in; please feel free. Overall I am very exited!

Any clubs in Jax????

Coastal 06-23-2006 08:22 PM

Good luck with your relo! I hope you can get used to living up north :D

Mark Dalton 06-23-2006 09:17 PM

Good luck with the move. You'd better go shopping and stock up on winter clothing.:D

3318C5 06-24-2006 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Dalton
Good luck with the move. You'd better go shopping and stock up on winter clothing.:D

How much colder does it really get in Jax?:shrug01:

Rich Z 06-24-2006 12:09 PM

I think Tallahassee may even be a bit cooler then Jacksonville during the Winter months. My perspective is from someone who moved down from Maryland, however, so it may be quite different from someone moving UP from Miami.

Yes, it does get chilly in the Winter months. Maybe a half dozen nights a year will get below the freezing mark. But it's a rare day that does not reach at least 50 degrees. For me, this is just fine. But you won't need to buy a snow shovel, if that is what you are thinking..... :D

EB-Z 06-28-2006 03:49 PM

Welcome to the neighborhood

If you don't mind a "slower" pace of living, your gonna love the Jax area. I transferred up from Miami in '97 and now wouldn't return for all the tea in China! Let me know if you need any info on the area, I'm in Orange Park but there's tons of new development in all directions. AND, It's a lot easier finding those country roads for weekend cruising than down south!:thumbsup:

Chuck

EB-Z 06-29-2006 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3318C5
Well, time has come. I knew that sooner or later I would have to relocate with my company. I just came back to Miami today from Jacksonville. I will be flying back on Mondays till I find a house in Jax. Hope to meet some of locals soon. I guess I will go from being a dolphin to a Jag....Maybe a both..:thumbsup:

Well if any of you can recommend an area to live in; please feel free. Overall I am very exited!

Any clubs in Jax????

The biggest is "Jacksonville Corvette Club" web; jaxvette.com
I talked to them last year, but it just didn't fit in with my time restraints. There are 'cruise in's' :dancer01: almost every week in the Orange Park area, I need to take more advantage of those myself.

3318C5 06-29-2006 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EB-Z
The biggest is "Jacksonville Corvette Club" web; jaxvette.com
I talked to them last year, but it just didn't fit in with my time restraints. There are 'cruise in's' :dancer01: almost every week in the Orange Park area, I need to take more advantage of those myself.

Thanks for the info, I will look them up.

Mike