The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Board of Inquiry® (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   New Member complaint (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39312)

Someoneyoushouldknow 12-13-2009 11:07 AM

New Member complaint

I am sorry to tell you all about my dealings with Xtreme Motorsports, It's been horrible I won't get into it here but I have no avenue left but to go through the court system because they won't even respond. I've read their posts about customer service and friends and helping. Trust me it's not what they believe.

Shadow 12-13-2009 04:39 PM

Now you have your own thread in which to bitch your heart out.

Please be specific in your complaint(s).

Post away!:thumbsup:

MMC5 12-13-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Someoneyoushouldknow (Post 103331)
I am sorry to tell you all about my dealings with Xtreme Motorsports, It's been horrible I won't get into it here but I have no avenue left but to go through the court system because they won't even respond. I've read their posts about customer service and friends and helping. Trust me it's not what they believe.

:nonod: I'm sorry to hear this as well. There is a marketing axiom that says a bad experience will be retold at least 9 times. I hope they will recognize that whether or not they are wrong, they have a responsibility to offer exemplary service and make the customer happy.

Best wishes to both of you.

T:wavey:m

Rich Z 12-13-2009 06:27 PM

Quite honestly, unless you are willing to provide specific details and who you actually are, this is just anonymous noise that has absolutely NO credibility whatsoever.

So either pony up and state your case in detail, or cease with the anonymous and vague factless complaining.

Someoneyoushouldknow 12-13-2009 07:18 PM

While I can understand your wanting to defend one of your own, There is a very thin legal line in which I have to dance. I do find it slightly funny that the post was removed from the "Chris is so great thread". While I also don't want to insult Rich, I kind of find your post to be slightly rude. Ask Chris what the facts are, I don't know if you'll get the truth but to insult someone for saying they had a different experience is a bit out of line.

Fact is I am an unhappy customer and someone who used to call Chris and Keli my friends. I am someone who has been ignored for months by them and have tried everything I could to come to a peaceful resolution. This was a last resort and it seems to have caught some attention.

LS2POWA 12-13-2009 07:32 PM

Technically you've already broken that thin legal line, by even speaking out against them in someones thread bashing the company.

Whats been said and quoted can be used against you as slandering since this is a open and public forum....if you've really got a case against them.

If this is the attention you're looking for, its more then likely not going to be on your side. :shrug01:

Someoneyoushouldknow 12-13-2009 08:05 PM

Actually by simply stating that I had a bad experience and that I don't believe that the customer experience I had is the same as the ones others have had is not bashing nor is it crossing a line. You are right about it being a public forum I have the right to express an opinion based on personal experience.

Rich Z 12-13-2009 08:13 PM

I agree. Without simply stating the facts along with your OPINION concerning those facts, and instead just saying "SO AND SO IS BAD, DON'T DEAL WITH THEM!", you are giving them legal grounds to file suit against you for defamation and libel. The point and reason of your post is not to display facts, nor is it to relate your stated opinion. It is designed simply to do damage to another party's reputation. Which, if your claim of seeking legal redress is true, will likely be filed in the form of a countersuit against you if you actually are filing a lawsuit.

But if that is the way you want to play your hand, more power to you. I'm betting that if you actually have an attorney and tell him or her about what you posted here, you will likely get dropped like a hot potato.

That is MY opinion on this matter.

Someoneyoushouldknow 12-13-2009 08:33 PM

I never said anything about not dealing with them and actually if you read what I said. I said I'm sorry to say that wasn't my experience. Would it be better if I showed the canceled check from my bank and a photo of my car and the time duration??? What facts would suit you? I didn't bash anyone, I just said I had a bad experience perfectly legal. I got thrown into a corner where my post isn't even good enough to go in with everyone else's. Mine had to be separated out. Ask how fair is that??

Someoneyoushouldknow 12-13-2009 08:38 PM

Chris, I see you are reading this. Feel free to jump in. Was I bashing or stating fact. I had a bad experience.

gmjunkie 12-13-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Someoneyoushouldknow (Post 103375)
I never said anything about not dealing with them and actually if you read what I said. I said I'm sorry to say that wasn't my experience. Would it be better if I showed the canceled check from my bank and a photo of my car and the time duration??? What facts would suit you? I didn't bash anyone, I just said I had a bad experience perfectly legal. I got thrown into a corner where my post isn't even good enough to go in with everyone else's. Mine had to be separated out. Ask how fair is that??

Personally,from your post I think your a Spineless A$$hole,somebody will probly someday unscrew your head and SH*T down your neck to give you a little backbone!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Well Deserved I'm sure!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Someoneyoushouldknow 12-13-2009 09:18 PM

You can think it all you want.

Tell me what you would have done in my shoes? I have gotten no response emailing , texting or calling. They have your car and your money. What do you do from there?

gmjunkie 12-13-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Someoneyoushouldknow (Post 103384)

Tell me what you would have done in my shoes? I have gotten no response emailing , texting or calling. They have your car and your money. What do you do from there?

Then lay out the facts,or STFU!:toetap05:

THUNDER 12-13-2009 09:29 PM

wow gone for a while and what have i missed?

i agree with rich and the others. as there are no facts, no proof, this is nothing more then slander. i have delt with chris and keli and very happy. or their logo wouldnt be on my vet much less chris being a groomsman in my wedding.

your location is here in tallahassee same as myself. but no point in wasteing eveyones time slandering friends to us all

Someoneyoushouldknow 12-13-2009 09:33 PM

The proof is my car sitting at his shop maybe you've seen it? It's a silver GTP. It's been there since March along with the money to fix it.

Someoneyoushouldknow 12-13-2009 09:39 PM

Again saying your experience is not slander.

Shadow 12-13-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Someoneyoushouldknow (Post 103366)
While I can understand your wanting to defend one of your own, There is a very thin legal line in which I have to dance....Ask Chris what the facts are, I don't know if you'll get the truth but to insult someone for saying they had a different experience is a bit out of line.

Fact is I am an unhappy customer and someone who used to call Chris and Keli my friends. I am someone who has been ignored for months by them and have tried everything I could to come to a peaceful resolution. This was a last resort and it seems to have caught some attention.

(Edited by Shadow-different person's complaint-don't want to air someone elses laundry)

As for "protecting one of our own", you're way out of line there.

I can personally attest that Rich will :spank2:one of our own if they were to treat a member poorly.

That's exactly why this part of the forum was created:thumbsup:

To give everyone a place to address grievences, answer grievances and send/recieve attaboys, and to do so without interference.

Unlike many larger sites, we don't "cater" to our vendors. Rich doesn't even "require" them to pay for advertising! Since it's not a "for profit" enterprise, what does he have to gain?

Do this on many other sites and the thread would be locked/deleted, and you might find yourself warned or worse.

Quote:

I do find it slightly funny that the post was removed from the "Chris is so great thread".
Now, as to why it was moved.

That was ME, not Rich.
He had nothing to do with it, was unaware of my actions, and wasn't consulted.

If you have an issue with MY actions here, please direct them to ME. You can PM or call me, either is fine.

Nothing is going to change unless I'm instructed to do so by the Admin, but you're certainly welcome to discuss them with me.:thumbsup:

That thread was not a "Chis is so great" thread! It was a member who is trying to help his Disabled Veteran brother. Chris' shop just happened to be the ones offering to help him do so.

Interfering in that thread by regurgitating the same exact diatribe exhibited in other threads regarding the shop, was simply uncalled for and out of line.

IMO as moderator, I saw it as an effort to derail the thread.

That's not gonna happen on my watch;)

Instead, I gave you your own personal thread to say whatever you wish.

Quote:

While I also don't want to insult Rich, I kind of find your post to be slightly rude.
Would you care to be more specific? Exactly which part of his comment did you find "rude?"

In reading it, I found it to be almost spot on.

Quote:

to insult someone for saying they had a different experience is a bit out of line.
Please point out the "insult." I failed to see it.

As Rich and some others have alluded to, if you have a specific grievance to air, feel free to state facts and air it. No need to post up pictures and all that unless you just want to. But facts, at least your side of them, would be more than helpful.

If you have an attorney though, you might want to speak with them first before you give away all your ammo;)

Finally, as Rich has stated, to make derogatory comments, remarks damaging to ones personal or business reputation, that can not be supported with FACT, is SLANDER. Placing them in writing is LIBEL.
Redgress of grievance can be sought in civil court for either or both.

And yes, this is a PUBLIC forum, but it's PRIVATELY OWNED:yesnod:

You, me, and everyone else here, is here by invitation;) And that invitation can be revoked at any time. As well, commentary "can" be limited.

The owner, although he chooses not, has the right to limit commentary in any way he see's fit, and there's absolutely no recourse on behalf of the poster.

So please, if you want to air your grievances, by all means, this is the time and place; however, please support your complaint when possible.

Thanks.

Shadow 12-13-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Someoneyoushouldknow (Post 103384)

As I told you before:

1) Call the police and get your car back!
2) File a civil suit.
3) File criminal charges for:
a) fraud
b) theft

If it were me, by now I'd have pushed it out in the parking lot and told you to come get it. We'd work all the other crap out in court!

Shadow 12-13-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmjunkie (Post 103383)
Personally,from your post I think your a Spineless A$$hole,somebody will probly someday unscrew your head and SH*T down your neck to give you a little backbone!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Well Deserved I'm sure!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Come on Junk. Don't hold back.

Tell us how you really feel?

Shadow 12-13-2009 09:50 PM

Let's give it a chance

Ok, enough fun and games.

I gave the guy a place to air his grievances.

although personally I'd prefer that he air some supporting facts, it's his choice.

I know for a fact that he has an "issue."

How much of an issue, I really don't know?

Why it hasn't been resolved yet, I also don't know?

Lets lay off him for a bit and give Chris a chance to respond if he chooses to (he may not choose to if the OP has filed a civil action).

Meanwhile "somebody", you might want to consider ponying up some more information. Just a fair suggestion.

Someoneyoushouldknow 12-13-2009 09:52 PM

Actually I have never spoken to you before, My name is Liz so Sir is the wrong directive.

I am not sure what facts for proof I can give you, would you like phone records? bank statements? It's always a he said she said when it comes to business.

I have done nothing but stated I had a bad experience and I got jumped on. How about asking the facts from Chris? Does he have to prove that I didn't get the **** end of the stick?

As to moving the post I can understand your decision but it seems unfair that when everyone is saying they had a good experience, I can't offer an opposing POV. That's my point.

As for Rich I PMed him and had a discussion privately. The way it should have been handled.

gmjunkie 12-13-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 103393)
Come on Junk. Don't hold back.

Tell us how you really feel?

Well Shadow,You know me,I call'em like I see'em!!:thumbsup: So far I ain't seen Nutt'en to make me think any different!!:thumbsup:

:D

Someoneyoushouldknow 12-13-2009 10:04 PM

Fine here goes. Chris I don't care anymore.

My car started screwing up in Dec of last year maybe earlier, I brought it to Chris. He's been one of my best friends for years. We took the belts off and couldn't figure it out. We put new belts on. It still wasn't right, then we thought it was the water pump. I was sent to a different shop to get the water pump changed, turned out it was the air compressor. I didn't have the money at the time to fix it so I went with a bypass. This is now January.

The other shop called me and said I needed a whole new engine, I picked the car up all the while on the phone with chris talking to him about how shady it was. He agreed. Nothing he could do at this point my engine was screwed. We transported it to his shop in March of 09. Where it has sat since. He's had the money and the car. I've contacted several times every month when I write a check for insurance, off and on several times since July 31 when I got my new phone over 65 times.

On Nov 1st I was hit by a drunk driver in my Trailblazer, I called Chris from the accident scene. I begged him to complete my other car because I now needed it. I still have no car or truck because the repairs on the truck are more extensive then they originally thought. It's been over 30 days and nothing. I tried for 2 weeks everyday to get him to respond. Finally friday I went to the shop. It was sitting outside where it's been since he got it. He's told me on several occasions that it was in the works and being done. Truth is he hadn't even started it.

Someoneyoushouldknow 12-13-2009 10:16 PM

Oh I forgot to mention that I inherited some money so I could afford to buy the Trailblazer and fix the car that I have a weird affection to. Chris knew all about it and was worried someone was going to take advantage of me.

Someoneyoushouldknow 12-13-2009 10:34 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Hopefully this shows up. The first is the truck that hit me with my bumper stuck and the rest are my Trailblazer.

THUNDER 12-13-2009 10:38 PM

liz not as bad as i thought it would be atleast its all cosmedic. and hopefully you didnt get hurt. what did insurance say? they should have been right on it.
if he was dui and arrested you already have his ins. info and they will provide a rental.

Someoneyoushouldknow 12-13-2009 10:48 PM

It was at 2 in the morning on Nov 1st coming home from a Halloween Party. None of the witness' stayed. I was alone he was alone. Florida is a no fault state. So that means his insurance pays for him and mine for me. I still have to pay a portion of the rental. Also. It was more then cosmetic. There was 6889.34 originally estimated, does not include the suspension issues or the rim that got chewed up. Yep. Suckville Population: THISGIRL.
When I got it back the first time it drove like crap and had to go back and the paint and fenders and the headlights had to be re-worked. Now before you all jump to conclusions none of this stuff happened at Chris' place. It was a body shop. It's supposed to be done on Wednesday. I will be out of town and driving a civic, which like many of you I feel like it's an insult to drive.

My complaint is that I own two cars neither of which I can drive and 10 months is a long time to not fix one.

Shadow 12-14-2009 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Someoneyoushouldknow (Post 103404)

My car started screwing up in Dec of last year maybe earlier, I brought it to Chris. He's been one of my best friends for years. We took the belts off and couldn't figure it out. We put new belts on. It still wasn't right, then we thought it was the water pump. I was sent to a different shop to get the water pump changed, turned out it was the air compressor. I didn't have the money at the time to fix it so I went with a bypass. This is now January.

Screwing up? Can you define "screwing up?" Missing, hesitating, won't idle? (just curious as to the symptoms).

The other shop called me and said I needed a whole new engine,

Did they explain why?

I picked the car up all the while on the phone with chris talking to him about how shady it was. He agreed. Nothing he could do at this point my engine was screwed.

Again, just curious. Why was it "screwed?"

We transported it to his shop in March of 09. Where it has sat since. He's had the money and the car. I've contacted several times every month when I write a check for insurance, off and on several times since July 31 when I got my new phone over 65 times.

Why did you wait so long? Friends or not, nine (9) months is way too long!
Either fix it or give it back and refund my $$$.

On Nov 1st I was hit by a drunk driver in my Trailblazer,

Sorry to hear that. Saw the pics...not pretty:(

I called Chris from the accident scene. I begged him to complete my other car because I now needed it. I still have no car or truck because the repairs on the truck are more extensive then they originally thought. It's been over 30 days and nothing. I tried for 2 weeks everyday to get him to respond. Finally friday I went to the shop. It was sitting outside where it's been since he got it. He's told me on several occasions that it was in the works and being done. Truth is he hadn't even started it.

Just curious here, sort of being the devils advocate for a few minutes.

Had you bothered during the last nine (9) months to go by the shop and check on the progress? Maybe go by and speak with him directly?

Again, if you guys have been "friends" for that long, this should have resolved the problem. Even if not, if I don't have some resolution in a month or so, I'm paying a personal visit to the shop!;)

Once you realized nothing was being done, why not contact the police and file (or at least attempt to file) criminal charges?
If someone has your property, has not done the contracted work, and has refued to return your money and property, you "may" have fraud and/or theft charges that could be brought. It would depend on the agency handling the call. Some agencies won't get involved and will consider it a civil matter. Others will consider it "white collar" simply due to the planned nature of the events and go the criminal route.

Why wait so long to start civil proceedings? To make noise on various internet sites? Did you do a BBB complaint?

Either way, I'd have done something way before now;)

Now...

Quote:

Actually I have never spoken to you before, My name is Liz so Sir is the wrong directive.

Unfortunately, computers are not gender specific:lmao:
If you'd have filled out your profile (or attached a photo (we love pics around here:rofl1:) maybe one would be able to tell;)

I am not sure what facts for proof I can give you, would you like phone records? bank statements? It's always a he said she said when it comes to business.

As I mentioned before, we don't need all the minute details. A simple description of the problem, possibly the attempts made to resolve it, and maybe a requested solution, are all that are necessary.

I have done nothing but stated I had a bad experience...
That's the problem ma'am, that's all you've done and repeatedly:rolleyes:

...and I got jumped on.

Trust me, this isn't "jumped on:rofl1:."
As I said, go elsewhere and do the exact same thing with one of thier vendors, and see how long it last and how well it's recieved?
We have a place to air differences. That place is this section:thumbsup:

How about asking the facts from Chris? Does he have to prove that I didn't get the **** end of the stick?

First of all, if you hadn't brought it up, no one would have known there was a potential problem;) But since you did, it's up to you to be more specific if you want your post to be taken with any credibility.

And no, as a matter of fact he doesn't:NoNo:
Remember, you are the PLAINTIFF. You are the one bringing the allegations.

Actually, if you have filed a civil action as you imply, then he'd be well advised to remain quiet and let the courts sort it out. All he can do at this point is incriminate himself while trying to defend himself. Not smart even if your innocent.

And you are not "required" to post facts; however, as mentioned, it lends much more credibility to your "claims" on a site such as this when you do.
Remember, you came on here as a new member. Both of your posts were essentially identical and nothing more than unsupported allegations about a member/vendor. Just not a great way to start out in most places. Kind of makes you go Huummm????

Too many people complain over absolutely nothing, are unreasonable in thier demands and simply can't be satisfied regardless of what you do:( Facts when stated with your "opinion" keep you out of that category.

As to moving the post I can understand your decision but it seems unfair that when everyone is saying they had a good experience, I can't offer an opposing POV. That's my point.

There's a place for everything. The veterans brothers thread wasn't the place. That's MY point, understood?

If there's a "rah rah" thread going on and you want to interject a differing POV, feel free. A simple "I had a different experience" or "my experieices weren't so good" would probably have served you better. I'm sure at that point that others would have been prompted to ask why? Same result, different, less threatening approach:yesnod:

As for Rich I PMed him and had a discussion privately. The way it should have been handled.
Glad you found the pm function. :thumbsup:

Good luck with your claim and I hope that everything gets ironed out as it should.

Maybe Chris will choose to chime in here, and maybe not. It's his choice.

Meanwhile, back to the regular programming already in progress.....

Someoneyoushouldknow 12-14-2009 08:10 AM

I work sometimes 7 days a week I have a rolling schedule and time off is usually for other things it's hard to make a four hour trip down there, You are right I should have gone sooner. I didn't I listened to him. I did meet with him face to face always the same story.

My car was making an odd noise at first, then running slightly hot.

As to the first guy explaining why I needed a new engine no he never really did but when I picked it up it sounded like there were bolts flying around under the hood.

Apparently it seized and died, ironically at the same gas station where I'd later get creamed by the Ford truck. Since Chris never did any tear down on the car I only have first guys word that i need a new engine and from what I heard picking up the car.

I'm sorry we're one day shy of 10 months. I wrote the check on the 15th.

Shadow 12-14-2009 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Someoneyoushouldknow (Post 103421)
I work sometimes 7 days a week I have a rolling schedule and time off is usually for other things it's hard to make a four hour trip down there, You are right I should have gone sooner. I didn't I listened to him. I did meet with him face to face always the same story.

My car was making an odd noise at first, then running slightly hot.

As to the first guy explaining why I needed a new engine no he never really did but when I picked it up it sounded like there were bolts flying around under the hood.

Apparently it seized and died, ironically at the same gas station where I'd later get creamed by the Ford truck. Since Chris never did any tear down on the car I only have first guys word that i need a new engine and from what I heard picking up the car.

I'm sorry we're one day shy of 10 months. I wrote the check on the 15th.

Nine (9) months, ten (10) months, all too long for something like this to go on:(

Sounds like it overheated and was ran hot. My "guess" and that's all it is, based upon the information provided, would be that you're hearing bearing noise. Junk, you wanna jump in here?

Just because a bearing or bearings are fried, doesn't mean you necessarily need a "new engine."

Have someone drop the pan and take a look. Any engine shop or full service repair facility can do that. Make sure you are THERE when they pull it apart.

I know the 7 day/flexible hours routine. I'm there myself:( But sometimes, you just have to make time.

And I'd stay away from that gas station...there's bad mojo flyin' 'round there;)

Rich Z 12-14-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Someoneyoushouldknow (Post 103404)

The other shop called me and said I needed a whole new engine, I picked the car up all the while on the phone with chris talking to him about how shady it was. He agreed. Nothing he could do at this point my engine was screwed. We transported it to his shop in March of 09. Where it has sat since. He's had the money and the car. I've contacted several times every month when I write a check for insurance, off and on several times since July 31 when I got my new phone over 65 times.

On Nov 1st I was hit by a drunk driver in my Trailblazer, I called Chris from the accident scene. I begged him to complete my other car because I now needed it. I still have no car or truck because the repairs on the truck are more extensive then they originally thought. It's been over 30 days and nothing. I tried for 2 weeks everyday to get him to respond. Finally friday I went to the shop. It was sitting outside where it's been since he got it. He's told me on several occasions that it was in the works and being done. Truth is he hadn't even started it.

I'm sorry, but a lot of this just doesn't make sense to me..

Your car started having problems "in Dec of last year maybe earlier", so you and Chris "took the belts off and couldn't figure it out. We put new belts on. It still wasn't right, then we thought it was the water pump." So at that point "I was sent to a different shop to get the water pump changed, turned out it was the air compressor. I didn't have the money at the time to fix it so I went with a bypass." I don't see any mention of that the actual original problem was that you were trying to diagnose, but then "The other shop called me and said I needed a whole new engine".

So then you state "I picked the car up all the while on the phone with chris talking to him about how shady it was. He agreed.", which sounds to me you were the one making the claims about how "shady" the other shop was and Chris must have simply made some indication that he agreed. "Nothing he could do at this point my engine was screwed.", but yet you were able to "pick the car up"? But then you state "We transported it to his shop in March of 09", where the term "transported" used here seems to indicate that it was not driven, but was perhaps towed? So was the engine "screwed" before you took it to the other shop, or did that happen while it was in their care?

So after it was transported to Chris's shop, "Where it has sat since." Earlier you stated "I didn't have the money at the time to fix it so I went with a bypass." Did you at this time have enough money to replace the engine? So you then state "I've contacted several times every month when I write a check for insurance, off and on several times since July 31 when I got my new phone over 65 times.", which I am having trouble interpreting, but from between March and July 31 you tried contacting Chris "several times"? At what point did you PAY him for the work you needed done on your car?

It appears YOUR priorities changed when "On Nov 1st I was hit by a drunk driver in my Trailblazer, I called Chris from the accident scene. I begged him to complete my other car because I now needed it." Indicating that prior to this time, this really wasn't on the front burner for you, but suddenly became so, and you expected Chris to drop everything he had going on at the time and make YOUR now new top priority HIS as well.

I dunno, but there seems to be a lot of gaps in this story. Do you have anything at all in WRITING concerning what arrangements were made between yourself and Chris about the repairs on your car? It just appears from what I can gather from the above post that from March through November 1, you somehow developed a bum engine, which was not Chris's fault, quite possibly caused by something done at the "different shop". What was this "bypass" you mentioned? Could it have contributed to the engine problem in your efforts to save money? I'm guessing you drove it home, then had it towed to Chris's shop, and unless you suddenly came up with enough money to have the engine fixed, quite likely told Chris to just hold it there until such time that you could afford to have it fixed. I don't see any indication of when that point in time occurred where you actually paid for any work to be done, unfortunately.

So finally Friday you took a trip to his shop. Was Chris there? Did you speak to him?

I believe in another post you claimed that Chris has both your car and your money. When did he get your money and what was the arrangement that was agreed to at that time? It would be great if you had this in writing so there is no confusion of the facts due to a misunderstanding which often happens in verbal discussions. Sometimes a "whenever you can get to it" means something completely different to each side of the discussion.

Facts and details really help in situations like this, if for no other reason then to try to have both sides of the discussion look at possible failures that both may have contributed to in the breakdown in communications.

RevXtreme 1 12-14-2009 02:40 PM

Good job on the details Rich. Running a busy shop is not easy to say the least. Most customers are concerned with their car only, no matter where on the priority list it is. They also don't realize if one project (we have between 7-12 in the shop at any given time) has a delay due to parts not showing on time, wrong part arrives, machining delays, etc. etc. etc. that it pushes ALL the builds back as everytime you pull off of one job to do another, time is lost. Very easy to "holler to the world" when upset in todays internet age, but that usually sets up greater animosity between the parties making a resolution all the harder.

Interested to see the outcome, I trust it will turn out fine as I have respect for their shop & abilities as well as many other shops around.

Good luck all!

85vette 12-14-2009 02:51 PM

This sounds like a soap opera gone bad...I would love to hear to the "real" details!:confused:

Ms. AntiVenom 12-14-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1 (Post 103448)
Good job on the details Rich. Running a busy shop is not easy to say the least. Most customers are concerned with their car only, no matter where on the priority list it is. They also don't realize if one project (we have between 7-12 in the shop at any given time) has a delay due to parts not showing on time, wrong part arrives, machining delays, etc. etc. etc. that it pushes ALL the builds back as everytime you pull off of one job to do another, time is lost. Very easy to "holler to the world" when upset in todays internet age, but that usually sets up greater animosity between the parties making a resolution all the harder.

Interested to see the outcome, I trust it will turn out fine as I have respect for their shop & abilities as well as many other shops around.

Good luck all!

:iagree:

gmjunkie 12-14-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevXtreme 1 (Post 103448)

Good luck all!

:iagree::iagree::iagree:And then you have to take into account Employees not showing up, Wife or SO calling every 30 min.,Having Marital or SO problems or setting in a chair testing everybody and their dog and not doing their job!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Ms. AntiVenom 12-14-2009 03:22 PM

How do you know I call him every 30 mins Junk? :lmao:
o.k. once a day maybe two I'm guilty. But Im sick...lol

Im sure they were really trying to help you out, Got busy and you had another car in-till last month so it was a take time save you money process. they weren't trying to hurt you on purpose. Kelli is cool as S&^% why didnt you just go talk to her.

Shadow 12-14-2009 03:23 PM

If both are smart, this will stop until it's been worked out on court (if the action has indeed been filed).

It can't do either of them any good to air it publically at this time.

As far as the details we have presently, we only have one side:(

I disagree that there's a problem with her timeline. I do however agree that it makes no sense to have allowed it to go on this long.
9- 10 months is unreasonable in anyones book (IMO).

Then again, it appears it wasn't at Chris' all that time;) and it seems that the priority changed as did her circumstances. I've been in that boat so i can understand how that happens.

It'll be interesting to see how it all washes out.

Lou G 12-14-2009 03:53 PM

We need James Patterson to write a detective Alex Cross novel to get to the bottom of this story. The suspense is killing me.

gmjunkie 12-14-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms. AntiVenom (Post 103454)
How do you know I call him every 30 mins Junk? :lmao:
o.k. once a day maybe two I'm guilty. But Im sick...lol

Im sure they were really trying to help you out, Got busy and you had another car in-till last month so it was a take time save you money process. they weren't trying to hurt you on purpose. Kelli is cool as S&^% why didnt you just go talk to her.

I wasn't talking about the bosses wife or girlfriend,I was talking about the employees!!:thumbsup:I haven't had a employee put in a compleat 40 hour week in 5 years!! There is always a dilemma that is more important than making a living!I'm to the point that I may to try to find me a illegal,at least they'll work!:thumbsup:

Ms. AntiVenom 12-14-2009 07:58 PM

Well understood Mr.Junk:yesnod: You must talk to Greg allot, you sound just like him!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmjunkie (Post 103471)
I wasn't talking about the bosses wife or girlfriend,I was talking about the employees!!:thumbsup:I haven't had a employee put in a compleat 40 hour week in 5 years!! There is always a dilemma that is more important than making a living!I'm to the point that I may to try to find me a illegal,at least they'll work!:thumbsup: