The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Maintenance, Mods, & Tips (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   STS TwinTurbo video (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1166)

Rich Z 11-17-2006 01:25 AM

STS TwinTurbo video

Note: You may have to click TWICE on the start video button in order to begin the video file.

This is a video of my Z06 with the stock exhaust system.

And here it is after the install of LG Motorsports long tube Pro headers.

And last but not least, my Z with the STS twin turbos installed....

MR.LT1 11-17-2006 08:30 PM

Wow the first 2 sounded great, but the last one with the STS Turbos WOW!
I think that just sounded awesome......:thumbsup:

MADN3SS 11-17-2006 09:16 PM

Wow, that sounds awesome! I bet it sounds even better going through the gears!

Scott

Guro305 11-18-2006 12:59 PM

That sure is sweet Rich!!! Question, are the STS turbos, those turbos that attach between the mufflers and the cats right behind the rear wheels?:peelout 1:

Mark Dalton 11-18-2006 01:33 PM

That sounds awesome Rich! Really makes me green over those STS TT's. It also confirms my belief that the ZO6 has one of the best sounding stock exhaust systems around.:thumbsup:

Rich Z 11-18-2006 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guro305
That sure is sweet Rich!!! Question, are the STS turbos, those turbos that attach between the mufflers and the cats right behind the rear wheels?:peelout 1:

Well, almost correct. The STS turbos REPLACE the mufflers both in function and physical location. There are NO actual mufflers in the exhaust and the somewhat muffling effect (relatively speaking, of course) comes only from the turbos themselves.

9T8Vette 11-18-2006 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z
Well, almost correct. The STS turbos REPLACE the mufflers both in function and physical location. There are NO actual mufflers in the exhaust and the somewhat muffling effect (relatively speaking, of course) comes only from the turbos themselves.

that's good news Rich there is no problem .:thumbsup:

Lou G 11-19-2006 03:56 PM

Wow!! Didn't hear a lot of difference between the stock and the LGs but the STS are awesome. That's What I Am Talking About!!!

Mekanic 11-19-2006 06:49 PM

those videos are crap.. I heard it in person, Rich bounced it off the limiter for me.....dear god that thing sounds M E A N

Rich Z 11-19-2006 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mekanic
those videos are crap.. I heard it in person, Rich bounced it off the limiter for me.....dear god that thing sounds M E A N

:lmao: Yeah I did..... :yesnod:

I was so preoccupied with the boost meter and trying to figure out why it wasn't showing any boost I just let my right foot get away from me. :banghead:

Greg came over to the show to help me out (how's THAT for service!) and said there was really nothing wrong. The boost just doesn't kick in unless the engine is under load. I don't pretend to understand WHY that would be..... But I "tested" it :reddevil: on the way out of the show, and sure enough the turbos kicked in when they were called upon by the revs.... :D

But yeah, the audio doesn't really do it justice. There are probably automatic gain limiters in the recording circuitry of my digicam that tries to smooth out the peaks and valleys of the incoming audio.

You should ask the old (even older than me!) guy next to me with the C1! I think between Greg and I, we blew out the poor guy's hearing aid.... :rofl1: