The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Detailing (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Convertible Top (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1403)

THOR 12-12-2006 01:50 PM

Convertible Top

Thank you all for the great advice and suggestions on the Adams' product line. I ordered a detail kit and a caddy yesterday. However, they do not have a product to take care of the fabric top. I have heard that RaggTopp is the place to go for this. If so, Where is the best place to get this? Thanks again for your help. I will be picking up my new baby next week at the NCM. Can't wait... Mark :dancer01: :dancer01: :wavey:

chris308 12-12-2006 04:45 PM

I am getting the raggtop cleaner and protection kit sent to me as we speak from ecklers. Mid-America may have it aswell.

THOR 12-12-2006 06:22 PM

Thanks Chris, I also saw some great stuff on autogeek.com. I went ahead and bought the RaggTopp product today.

chris308 12-12-2006 07:19 PM

:thumbsup:

kwvette 12-29-2006 12:44 PM

Ragg Top

I'm intrerested in how any of these products work. I've got a new vette (2 months) and know I'll need something to treat the top. The FL sun can burn through anything and then add a little salt air.........:rofl1:
Happy New Year !!!!

thebeepster 12-29-2006 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwvette
I'm intrerested in how any of these products work. I've got a new vette (2 months) and know I'll need something to treat the top. The FL sun can burn through anything and then add a little salt air.........:rofl1:
Happy New Year !!!!

I've been using it for about 2 years now...on my previous C5 and now on the C6. If you have a light colored top, the key is to not let it get stained or dirty. I never put the top down when damp, dirty, or dusty. Sometimes we forget that the top moves when it is down and the car is in motion thus grinding the dirt into the fabric. Best to clean the top well (while washing) with the Ragg Top cleaner. When you are sure that it is completely dry apply the preservative per the directions. It is similar to scotchguard. I always keep the top covered even when the vehicle is garaged. I find the Ragg Top works well on the canvas top and have not found anything better.:yesnod:

SteveK 12-29-2006 04:32 PM

I have a black rag top on a '93. It has what looks like white film in some areas. Almost like it had too much soap and was allowed to dry with out rising.
I bought Rag Top cleaner and conditioner. Followed the directions but still have the same appearance. :banghead:

Any suggestions?

chris308 12-29-2006 04:57 PM

maybe try a stain remover spray for clothes, one thats safe for cloth tops. Shout comes to mind, maybe oxy clean may help.

SteveK 12-29-2006 07:28 PM

Thanks!
I'll give it a try this weekend. Weather permitting :rolleyes:

chris308 12-29-2006 07:53 PM

Steve,

I would try maybe a small spot first, to see if it works. Hey try emailing Adam @ Adams polishes or Flash man to see what they have to say.