The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Legal Issues (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Me Speeding? (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16424)

C5Rick 05-28-2008 05:10 PM

Me Speeding?

On my way home from work today I had to make a stop so I took a different route. I was heading south on 26th St (a major road here) and it's one lane each direction off Manatee Ave and then turns to two each direction. I pulled out into the left lane and started passing. Next thing I know a guy in uniform jumps out from a behind a tree and starts pointing at me, holding something in his other hand. I thought maybe a gun and soon recognized he was Highway Patrol. As I returned to the right lane and started slowing down, he started pointing behind his cruiser. Maybe he needed a push or something so thats were I parked.
He walked up and asked for the usual and asked if I knew the speed limit. I responded 45 and then he showed me his radar gun. It showed 45, but he said it was 30... the 45 started 100 yards ahead :ack2: He walked to his cruiser and I knew I had it. Five minutes later he returned with a bunch of papers.
He said I was definitely speeding, the address on my license wasn't current... and my insurance card was out dated, I thought I was going to jail. He handed me the papers and said sign this one. It says I have 30 days to mail in a copy of my current insurance card and $7.50 for processing. Then he reached out shook my hand and said have a nice day :eek:
The other papers were just warnings for the other stuff :dancer01:

Qman 05-28-2008 05:16 PM

cops

Glad thats all that happened bro, you know the county and cities are money hungry right now. :D

THOR 05-28-2008 05:17 PM

I'd call that a CLOSE ONE!!! He must like vettes and you must have been nice and polite. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Qman 05-28-2008 05:19 PM

thor

Hey man what the heck is going on? How is everything going? :D

Rich Z 05-28-2008 06:11 PM

Darn, I've always thought the speed limit was what the sign said when you could read it. :hehehe:

Shadow 05-28-2008 06:43 PM

Was it RADAR or LIDAR?

If it was RADAR, he was using an improper piece of equipment. The "auto lock" feature should have been disabled in the late 70's early 80's. He should not have been able to show you the speed?????

Either way, soulds like you got lucky:thumbsup:

God for you and good on the officer:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lady N 05-28-2008 08:27 PM

Well for $7.50 for 15 miles over that was a bargain:lmao::lmao: Good for you that you got that easy go play the lotto is you lucky day ,when you win it buy me a ZR1:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Z06 Rocket 05-29-2008 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow (Post 60592)
Was it RADAR or LIDAR?

If it was RADAR, he was using an improper piece of equipment. The "auto lock" feature should have been disabled in the late 70's early 80's. He should not have been able to show you the speed?????

Either way, soulds like you got lucky:thumbsup:

God for you and good on the officer:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Unless there is another window that can still have the radar numbers showing (moving). A third window (lock in area) is allowed. I have on on my RADAR unit because there is another window that does not lock. Also the lock in window only lasts a few minutes before it blanks out and disappears.

Shadow 05-29-2008 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z06 Rocket (Post 60626)
Unless there is another window that can still have the radar numbers showing (moving). A third window (lock in area) is allowed. I have on on my RADAR unit because there is another window that does not lock. Also the lock in window only lasts a few minutes before it blanks out and disappears.

Thanks for the update. It's been a little over a year since I used one. I had a third window on my dash mounted moving RADAR unit but have never seen one on a hand held unit.

Learn something new every day:):thumbsup:

LS2POWA 05-29-2008 11:14 AM

Thats a hot spot for cops. They love sitting on the south side of that church to as you approach the 2 lane area. Its funny to, you always catch them in that area, but once you hit the 40mph right after 30th ave, people start doin 50+ and theres never a cop there.

Least he was nice, im sure if it was me id be nailed with each little thing. :hehehe: