The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General BS forum (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   My Key's trip (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1740)

Shadow 01-15-2007 11:49 AM

My Key's trip

In a nutshell...

Got lost on a island:lmao: (never pay attention to the conceirge)

Broke up a bar fight!

Met a 1 star National Guard General.

Met the owner of "Last Flight Out" What a great guy!:thumbsup:

Met the owner of Rick's and Dirty Harrys (Great guy, big USCG supporter)

Toured an old WWII USCG/NAVY ship (The Mowhawk) and met an old USCG Vietnam vet (and city councilman from KW)

Was honored to be present when the Wouded Warriors Foundation "Soldier Ride" project came into town. A decent crowd showed up to pay thier respects:thumbsup:

Checked on a guy in an alley ('cause the wife thought he was dead:rolleyes: -hey! Ain't that the local cops job?)

Visited Louie's Back Yard (of Jimmy Buffett fame)

Of course did the obligatory Captain Tony's, Margaritaville, and some others.

And overall, had a great time.

I'll get some pics up later.

The boat ride over and back was pretty uneventful. A little rough (relative to what you're used to-I didn't mind it at all. Felt right at home) at the sea bouy going down but smooth as glass coming back:thumbsup:

Next time...I'm flying though....from Clearwater to Key West at 1500' over the coast:thumbsup:

JIM KILL 01-15-2007 12:41 PM

FANTASY FEST

What we need is a Road Trip to Fantasy Fest 2007 this Year.
October Halloween Week-End.
Jeanne and I try and go every year.
Here is a picture to share from 2005 we took!!!
Love Key West......:thumbsup:
http://www.fantasyfest.net/

Shadow 01-15-2007 01:04 PM

I plan on going back soon. And I'll either do FF or the Parrotthead convention (or both if they're close enough together?)

Don't know if I want to do another road trip there though? Too many already.

With the plane (1.5 hours and relatively cheap assed airfare) or the boat (3.5 hours and relatively cheap and the :dancer01: starts when you leave the dock:rofl1: I think I've found my new means of transportation:thumbsup:

It's almost 12 hours by the time you get there:(

thebeepster 01-15-2007 01:17 PM

Everybody needs to go to Fantasy Fest (at least once) but once was enough for me!!:lmao:

JIM KILL 01-15-2007 01:35 PM

TIME

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
I plan on going back soon. And I'll either do FF or the Parrotthead convention (or both if they're close enough together?)

Don't know if I want to do another road trip there though? Too many already.

With the plane (1.5 hours and relatively cheap assed airfare) or the boat (3.5 hours and relatively cheap and the :dancer01: starts when you leave the dock:rofl1: I think I've found my new means of transportation:thumbsup:

It's almost 12 hours by the time you get there:(

We have done both drive (yes--8 hours) and flown (yes--2 hours)
We are flying this year and have reservations set for Hotel (Southern Most Guest House).
We are in the parade this year..which should be a Hoot!!!...To much "Eye Candy" after a few days....:eek: :ack2: :eek: :ack2: :eek: :ack2:

Shadow 01-15-2007 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIM KILL
We have done both drive (yes--8 hours) and flown (yes--2 hours)
We are flying this year and have reservations set for Hotel (Southern Most Guest House).
We are in the parade this year..which should be a Hoot!!!...To much "Eye Candy" after a few days....:eek: :ack2: :eek: :ack2: :eek: :ack2:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: No such thing!!!

What airline?

JIM KILL 01-15-2007 02:28 PM

Airlines!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: No such thing!!!

What airline?

"USAIR"

Shadow 01-15-2007 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JIM KILL
What we need is a Road Trip to Fantasy Fest 2007 this Year.
October Halloween Week-End.
Jeanne and I try and go every year.
Here is a picture to share from 2005 we took!!!
Love Key West......:thumbsup:
http://www.fantasyfest.net/

BTW...GM ought to be paying you....well hell with you, ought to be paying HER advbertising royalties!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kap142 01-15-2007 04:35 PM

OK help me out here.....

What model Crovette is that? Those headlights just aren't like anything I expect to see at the NCRS gathering in Kissemmee. But I am willing to go to Key West to "sea" um

Ken

THOR 01-15-2007 08:27 PM

Hey, Did you take that Fast Cat out of Ft. Meyers? My wife and I would like to do that. Is it safe to park the vette there for a couple of days? Key West is definitely a blast. I hate the drive down there because of the horrific traffic. That boat idea sounds just right. Time to Party!