The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Corvette Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   XM radio info (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2300)

THOR 03-23-2007 11:20 PM

XM radio info

I recently renewed my XM radio subscription but instead of paying the $144+/year, I asked for the winback program and got it for $77.00 + tax for the year. I wanted to share this with anyone who could use this. If the first person you talk to at XM radio is resistant to this offer, just ask for the cancellation department. They have more lee way and are motivated to keep you as a customer. I hope this helps. Mark:wavey:

ynkedad 03-24-2007 08:10 AM

:banghead: I renewed mine roughly 4 months ago. Thing is...I never use it in the Vette:rolleyes: .

~Ray

Mark Dalton 03-24-2007 01:34 PM

Cool info, thanks.:yesnod:

Lou G 03-24-2007 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mte.smiles
I recently renewed my XM radio subscription but instead of paying the $144+/year, I asked for the winback program and got it for $77.00 + tax for the year. I wanted to share this with anyone who could use this. If the first person you talk to at XM radio is resistant to this offer, just ask for the cancellation department. They have more lee way and are motivated to keep you as a customer. I hope this helps. Mark:wavey:

Thank you. :thumbsup: The end of my subscription is coming up in a couple of months. I will ask for the winback program. :yesnod:

THOR 04-05-2007 09:35 PM

Yeah, please pass this along to anyone you think it will help. My subscription had already ran out and they sounded anxious to get me back as a regular user. I'm sure the XM people on:wavey: the phone have goals to meet and they will do what it takes to retain you. Good luck. Mark

Lou G 06-30-2007 02:01 PM

Well, my time came up on my one year subscription.
Called and told them a sad story of how I don't use the XM radio that often and was not sure if I should renew. I asked about the win back program but they said that it is only offered to some customers and only after the subscription has lapsed for four or five months. :nonod:
I am not due until 7/12 so I told them that I would call back. They have me on auto-renew, debiting my credit card. I don't remember, I guess I signed up like that last year. :shrug01:

SteveK 06-30-2007 08:12 PM

I would suspect that the first person that you speak with will not offer any special deals. I wouldn't just outright mention the WinBack to that person. That would only indicate to them that you really want to keep the service and they aren't going to budge.
I would request a cancellation and then when you get to that department ask if they have any deals because you like the service but just feel that it is too costly. Let them bring up the WinBack offer and you will then be in the drivers seat.

Just my :twocents:

Lou G 06-30-2007 08:25 PM

Thanks Steve. I will give that a try on Monday.

SteveK 06-30-2007 08:27 PM

Good luck Lou.

I was in your neck of the woods today. Had lunch at Papa's Drive-In on US1.

Lou G 07-02-2007 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveK
I would request a cancellation and then when you get to that department ask if they have any deals because you like the service but just feel that it is too costly. Let them bring up the WinBack offer and you will then be in the drivers seat.

Just my :twocents:

I tried Steve but no cigar. I called this morning and after talking to the auto-answering service, they put me on hold for about 12 minutes. Then they confirmed my name, address, phone number, my dog's name, etc. (It was a little tough understanding the rep).
I told him that I wanted to talk to someone in the cancellation department.
He said he would transfer me and I went into outer space. No music, no noises, nothing. After about five minutes, the auto-quality survey came on and I press the numbers which gave a low satisfaction of the call.
It is not worth the hassle. I'll pay the $142.