The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classifieds - Corvettes, Parts & Accessories (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Used C5 parts (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2348)

navy2kcoupe 03-29-2007 07:58 AM

Used C5 parts

Guys, do any of you have any experience, good or bad, with any of the places that deal in used C5 parts? I need one tail light for my 2000 and don't want to incur the "large charge" at the General. I don't even know the names of any of them, so ALL posts will be a help. Thanks.
Andy :wavey:

davekp 03-29-2007 08:39 AM

Had good results with Gene's in Brandon.

ynkedad 03-29-2007 08:42 AM

What's that place "Mekanic" has brought up in the past? I believe it sells used parts.??? Maybe you can PM him.

~Ray

Corvette Concepts 03-29-2007 08:43 AM

We offer many used C5 parts. We sell to some of the largest Chevrolet dealers in the state. I invite you to call.

ynkedad 03-29-2007 08:48 AM

Sorry Jake...

:sillyme: I didn't even think of mentioning you guys.

~Ray:thumbsup:

davekp 03-29-2007 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynkedad
What's that place "Mekanic" has brought up in the past? I believe it sells used parts.??? Maybe you can PM him.

~Ray

Gene's Kar Shop
1-866-200-9133

road pilot 04-01-2007 07:06 PM

try new gm parts at half price
gene at gmpartshouse.com

Rich427 04-01-2007 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by road pilot
try new gm parts at half price
gene at gmpartshouse.com

I have been buying parts from most major suppliers for a long time, but I just recently tried gmpartshouse.com. They were great!

As most of you know I recently added an '04 Z06 Commemorative Edition #1995 to my garage. One of the things I did not realize about the Z06s was that they do not have the tire pressure sensors. I thought about this briefly and this made no sense to me. My '01 Vert came from the factory with run flats, no spare tire, and pressure sensors. The Z06 comes with non run flats, no spare tire, and no pressure sensors. :shrug01:

So, I checked with my local Vette mechanic and found that the Z06 DIC system just has the pressure sensors turned off. All you have to do is add the sensors to the wheels and then turn them on.

Sort of a long way around to say that I bought the sensors with the retaining nuts from gmpartshouse.com for $35 a piece plus they were at my door the day after I ordered them. I definitely will use them again!

Rich

vett boy 04-01-2007 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynkedad
:sillyme: I didn't even think of mentioning you guys.

~Ray:thumbsup:

Me either:banghead:

navy2kcoupe 04-23-2007 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich427
I have been buying parts from most major suppliers for a long time, but I just recently tried gmpartshouse.com. They were great!

As most of you know I recently added an '04 Z06 Commemorative Edition #1995 to my garage. One of the things I did not realize about the Z06s was that they do not have the tire pressure sensors. I thought about this briefly and this made no sense to me. My '01 Vert came from the factory with run flats, no spare tire, and pressure sensors. The Z06 comes with non run flats, no spare tire, and no pressure sensors. :shrug01:

So, I checked with my local Vette mechanic and found that the Z06 DIC system just has the pressure sensors turned off. All you have to do is add the sensors to the wheels and then turn them on.

Sort of a long way around to say that I bought the sensors with the retaining nuts from gmpartshouse.com for $35 a piece plus they were at my door the day after I ordered them. I definitely will use them again!

Rich

Guys, I bought the tail light from Gene at gmpartshouse.com. GREAT service :thumbsup: !!! After I placed my order, Gene e-mailed me and let me know that it would take 2 days for him to get the part, then he would send it out to me and e-mail me when that happened. Got a second e-mail (2 days later just as advertised!!!!) from Gene letting me know that he had shipped the part and giving me the tracking number so I could check on it myself :thumbsup: . Got the part 2 days after the second e-mail! I'm sold!!!!! Thanks for the responses guys. It's another reason that this forum feels like home!
Andy :wavey: