The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Movie Reviews (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Gran Torino (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25336)

THOR 01-11-2009 10:08 AM

Gran Torino

Clint Eastwood is back! I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and the car was an absolute beauty. I love Eastwood's squinty eyes and comeback lines. This movie is not appropriate for children given the moderate use of profanity. The tongue in cheek humor had me laughing half the time even though there are very serious parts to the film. I give this flick :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rich427 01-17-2009 09:34 AM

I saw this movie the other day and loved it! It reminded me of his old westerns except it had been updated to a modern urban setting. I am amazed that some ethic organizations are not up in arms over the ethnic slurrs, ...but I have to admit, it really enhances his character. This is a movie that is well worth seeing especially if you are an Eastwood fan!

Rich

Ms. AntiVenom 01-17-2009 09:57 AM

It was beautifu!
My mean A$$ mother cried, Apparently it was filmed right were she grew up. My Grandma worked for ford motor company too

Guro305 01-18-2009 12:29 AM

It looks friggin' hilarious!!!! I want to see it.:D

TR6speed 01-20-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich427 (Post 80768)
I am amazed that some ethic organizations are not up in arms over the ethnic slurrs, ...but I have to admit, it really enhances his character. This is a movie that is well worth seeing especially if you are an Eastwood fan!

Rich

You must admit, there was not a race or nationality that he or someone in the movie did not slam. That is probably why there have not been any complaints. It was a great movie, and a must see.

Guro305 01-20-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR6speed (Post 80959)
You must admit, there was not a race or nationality that he or someone in the movie did not slam. That is probably why there have not been any complaints. It was a great movie, and a must see.

You are absolutely right! If you are going to be a racist, you have to know what you are talking about. Not my words but the words of one very funny man, Carlos Mencia.

I've always had a knack to make people laugh without trying. People usually cannot get over the stuff that comes outta my mouth but that's the thing, I dish it out equally. Years back I was a bartender of a Japanese restaurant which only had three Japanese employees. The rest were mostly Chinese or Guatemalan. If I made fun of the "guats" I couldn't take to long in making fun of the "chinks." You dish it out equally and must be able to take it when it comes your way and laugh too, people see you for being the real person you are and not the politically correct castrated homo that this country has turned men into.:twocents:

OUT LAW 01-21-2009 12:46 AM

will see

I sould see it now .Dont give it away now .I guess Clint gets his ride boosted and gets midevel with the locals after seeing it drive by as a low rider . At the end of the movie he is chilling with a brew while his hood honeys are washing his ford .

Rich427 01-21-2009 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OUT LAW (Post 80998)
I sould see it now .Dont give it away now .I guess Clint gets his ride boosted and gets midevel with the locals after seeing it drive by as a low rider . At the end of the movie he is chilling with a brew while his hood honeys are washing his ford .

Well, ...not exactly!

Go see the movie, it's worth the price of admission.

Rich

Vettephysician 02-07-2009 09:22 PM

Shades of Dirty Harry

I must say, GranTorino was up to Clint's usual high standards. Excellent movie. Over the past 30 or so years, I've collected all of the Great Man's movies. This one will be added to my collection as soon as it becomes available. Once again, Clint hits a home run on this one.

floridaZ 02-08-2009 04:51 AM

Saw it, loved it.