The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Welcome Room (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New and love customs (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2588)

Black Thunder 05-11-2007 08:54 PM

New and love customs

3 Attachment(s)
Hi and hope a custom guy will fit into this site. When I figure things out I will post pics and my website.
I have a 68 that was customized around 1980. I've repainted but not alot else and have had it since 02. Its a handful with the BB but even though I'm an old guy I still love old hot rods

John :)

Z06 Rocket 05-11-2007 09:28 PM

:welcome: to the site! Hope to see you posting here often! Great looking Vette!

chris308 05-11-2007 10:02 PM

:welcome: :welcome:

Rich Z 05-12-2007 12:40 AM

:welcome: Yeah customs are welcome. Can't see why not.... :shrug01:

Interesting car.... What's it look like underneath the hood?

Black Thunder 05-12-2007 06:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z
:welcome: Yeah customs are welcome. Can't see why not.... :shrug01:

Interesting car.... What's it look like underneath the hood?

Its just big ole Chebby truck motor with chrome accents. Neat part is it sounds supercharged with very loud gear driven cam

Rich427 05-12-2007 06:58 AM

Any Vette is :welcome: here!

Love the ZL-1 flairs! :yesnod: :thumbsup:

C5Rick 05-12-2007 07:15 AM

:welcome: Looks great. Hows it run down the road?
Rick

Black Thunder 05-12-2007 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C5Rick
:welcome: Looks great. Hows it run down the road?
Rick

I have a reputation for burnouts on the other site. With a 3:70 and Hooker sides its loud........ dontcha just luv old hot rods :dancer01:

Shadow 05-12-2007 08:22 AM

John I love that look! Custom is great. Too many sites where the masses :thumbsdown: anything other than stock:rolleyes:

I personally prefer the individual touches that make each one unique. I can also appreciate a fully detailed stocker as well as a NCRS resto. Aw hell! I just like vettes, period!:rofl1: :welcome: aboard my friend:wavey:

Black Thunder 05-12-2007 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
John I love that look! Custom is great. Too many sites where the masses :thumbsdown: anything other than stock:rolleyes:

I personally prefer the individual touches that make each one unique. I can also appreciate a fully detailed stocker as well as a NCRS resto. Aw hell! I just like vettes, period!:rofl1: :welcome: aboard my friend:wavey:

Thanks Shadow for welcome and words

When I go to shows I draw a crowd but its surely a love/hate with customs. I bought it to drive (FAST) and like to be different than everybody else. This custom was done in 1980 and represents how things were done then. Even the mags are from then.

Alot of guys restore old vettes to original. Well I restored a custom to its original. The flares, running boards, mako nose and rear were all hand laid and are one of a kind.

Best of all is the guy I got it from in Detroit dropped a 454 in that was intended for drag racing use, so its a frikkin rocket too! We found this was the #50 to come off the line in 1968!

John :)