• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

LED's

I haven't used them in my Vette, but I have used them in my street rod. The only problem I encountered was with the flasher. I had to install one rated for led's.

Rick, I have a pair that I bought a while back that will not clear the recessed housing on my stock 72 rear tail light housings. Let me know if you want me to send um over and see if they'll work on your C5.

I bought them from an individual at a small show so returning for a refund didn't work. I'd rather see um used by somebody and we can work out a reasonable price if you like them.

Ken:thumbsup:

Ken
Are your bulbs push and twist or wedge mount ( newer cars).
I belive the number is 3157 for my tails (wedge type).
I was reading were some folks had trouble with LEDs not functioning correctly. I was thinking on installing blackouts and wanted the brightness of LEDs.
Rick

Hey Rick. These are old style push in twist mount bulbs. Ya know honestly I didn't know the later vettes had a different system. These won't work for ya sorry.

Ken:thumbsdown:

LEDS

Hello,
Installed LED taillights about two months ago...no issues unless the battery is not up to snuff.....
BTW...they look awesome!

LEDS

Hi Rick,
I went with the entire assembly...purchased from Corvette Enhancements (vendor on Corvette Forum) back in Feb. for 225. shipped. Being the simplistic, weak person that I am, I could not resist!
David

I have them for the rear tails/brake/turn and high stop. Didn't buy any expensive kits. Aftermarket 30 bulb LEDs with an aftermarket flasher relay. Works great and cost $30. PM me for more details. :thumbsup:

Attachments

8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Back