The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Welcome Room (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   NEWBIE (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292)

86DSOMVERT 06-10-2006 02:43 PM

Hello from Ocala err slocala ;) New to this forum, only recognize one person. Hey SHADOW!!!

pewter99 06-10-2006 03:50 PM

:wavey: damn...you only know Shadow...I'm sorry :lmao:

Rich Z 06-10-2006 04:14 PM

:welcome: Well look at this site as your opportunity to get to know more of us. :)

exile 06-10-2006 04:15 PM

:welcome: :wavey:

86DSOMVERT 06-10-2006 04:27 PM

Ha Ha Well what I meant to say is I only recognize Shadows Name on the board and Rich. Nice to make everybody elses acquintance.

exile 06-10-2006 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86DSOMVERT
Ha Ha Well what I meant to say is I only recognize Shadows Name on the board and Rich. Nice to make everybody elses acquintance.

Spent ten years in the Waynesville/Maggie Valley/Cherokee area. Great place to spend the summer:wavey: ...........Tom

86DSOMVERT 06-10-2006 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exile
Spent ten years in the Waynesville/Maggie Valley/Cherokee area. Great place to spend the summer:wavey: ...........Tom

Yeah that's definetly a nice area. I had problems with the vette this trip up. Seems it doesn't like the rain. Oh no rain who would have tunk it with a Vette. It wasn't like I could escape it or anything.:shrug01:

But anyways sitting at light #8 in P.F. all of a sudden it just stops running. I've been through hell and back with this car between the paint job and then the idiots that don't know anything about 4+3 Transmissions to a constant IAC problem. Nearest thing I can figure is the bloody thing hates me # 1 and # 2 somehow water is getting down somewhere on the engine or perhaps distributor area and causing it to stall. Took it to a car wash (day or so later) and when I hit the windshield with water to rinse it off while it was running and boom it stopped again. Then when I restarted it it wouldn't stay idling like normal. Even back home the other night sat in the garage and the idle goes between 3-12 5-15 4-8 and wants to stall out.

I swear I think the car either hates me or I'm just destined to have these problems. I have a 92 Camaro that does this all the time breaks something when getting ready to go somewhere so I put her in a storage shed since last year.

Does anyone have any clue or area to search for this problem?

Have replaced the IAC twice and a new MAF I'm stumped. And it only does this everyonce in awhile out of the blue or when it's wet outside.

Rich427 06-10-2006 05:54 PM

:welcome: to the site!

2Vettes 06-10-2006 08:11 PM

:welcome: hopefully someone will have some suggestions to help you. If not, then I think your #1 thought was correct...your vette hates you..:nonod: Good luck

MADN3SS 06-11-2006 09:42 AM

Welcome to the site!

I'd love to take the Vette to the Smoky Mountains. I am driving up to Bowling Green next month for the Z06 Fest. That ought to be a fun trip, :thumbsup: with the exception of the wife complaining about the ride quality and of course my speed. :thumbsdown: ;)