The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   On The Road in Florida (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Road trip (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3601)

Pres712 09-19-2007 03:40 PM

Road trip

As y'all can see by the new avatar, we did it. Left Sunday the 9th and headed for Bowling Green. Twelve hours and 775 hours later we arrived at the Bryce Inn. It started raining in Nashville and didn't quit until later the next afternoon. Crap! I have been thru the St. Louis plant years ago but this tour was a mind blower! The quality control is awesome. I asked the tour guide how we could take pics out by the painting and he said just take out the yellow bars and drive on up. It was barely raining and no respectable vert owner takes a pic of his car with the top up!!! So even tho it was raining we took pics anyway! One of the guards came out and took some of the both of us. Toured the museum and bought a few things and headed for Columbus, OH, to visit my sister and daughter. Stayed in Ohio for 4 days and headed for Indiana for my class reunion. Stayed there for 2 days and headed for Indy to visit friends. Left for Florida Monday morning. Stopped in Macon, GA where I hit a curb and messed up the left front wheel :banghead: Headed home Tuesday Am, arrived there around 1:30PM. Whew!!! Over all, 2,658 miles and a total of 30.3 average mpg. Let's see if I can download some pics???

Rich Z 09-19-2007 03:45 PM

Sounds like you had a great trip. Hope to get up to the museum myself some day. Connie wants me to buy a new Z06 and have museum delivery. Maybe.... We're talking about some serious money.... :ack2:

SteveK 09-19-2007 05:35 PM

Very cool!

Glad you had a good trip.

The museum is on my hit list for future trips. 2009 caravan may be the ticket :dancer01:

jcb_njb 09-19-2007 05:42 PM

Glad you had a nice trip. Wifey and I, along with als2052 and his wife, are going to Bowling Green October 21 and 22. We are looking forward to it.
:dancer01:

THOR 09-19-2007 06:34 PM

I'm still smiling from our trip to NCM last December. I'm glad you had a great time. Sorry to hear about your wheel.

ynkedad 09-19-2007 08:04 PM

Thanks for the pic's.

:wavey: Glad your trip was enjoyable and that you returned safe!:thumbsup:

Sux about the Wheel though!:nonod:

2Vettes 09-19-2007 10:14 PM

Nice avatar and sounds like a nice trip minus the mis-adventure in Macon. :nonod:
Thanks for the photos!

Pres712 09-20-2007 06:49 AM

Bryce Inn

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcb_njb
Glad you had a nice trip. Wifey and I, along with als2052 and his wife, are going to Bowling Green October 21 and 22. We are looking forward to it.
:dancer01:

Let me put in a commercial for the Bryce Inn in Bowling Green. Bill & Jackie are Vette owners (65 Coupe) and have owned this Inn for over 13 years. They are 10 miles North of Exit 28 (where the Plant and Museum are) at Exit 38. It is worth the drive to save a few bucks. Everyone around #28 wants around $100 and the Bryce is $53.00! Heres a few pics....