The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Maintenance, Mods, & Tips (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   [C6] Putting a C6 in neutral while on a lift? (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46443)

Rich Z 06-01-2010 01:35 AM

Putting a C6 in neutral while on a lift?

This is probably a real dumb question, but how the heck do you convince the C6 with an automatic transmission that you REALLY REALLY want it to be in neutral while the engine is off? I wanted to have the rear wheels free to spin while on the lift, so I started the car, put the car in neutral, and then shut off the engine, while the wheels were still off of the ground. Darn thing was yelping at me the entire time, and then when I closed the door to shut it up, it kept all the exterior lights on to try to get my attention about my "mistake".

So how do I do that? Man, I HATE cars that act like I don't know what I am doing..... :toetap05:

navy2kcoupe 06-01-2010 08:12 AM

2 obvious choices are
1.) disconnect the battery :thumbsup:, and
2.) use one of the firearms in your arsenal :eek:.
I, personally, would opt for number 1 myself.......:yesnod: :lmao::lmao:
Waiting to see what the REAL answer to this question turns out to be. Would puting on the emergency brake override the squawking?
Andy

Rich Z 06-01-2010 05:13 PM

Wouldn't engaging the emergency brake defeat what I am trying to do? I want the wheels to be free-wheeling while the car is on the lift.

As for disconnecting the battery, I wouldn't be real keen on that idea. Seems like an extreme measure just to silence the "car nanny"....

As for the firearm option, what would be my target? :hehehe:

navy2kcoupe 06-01-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 115803)
As for the firearm option, what would be my target? :hehehe:

"The friggin idiot that came up with the idea in the first place!"
Andy
Maybe just pull up on the e-brake handle till the brake light on the instrument panel lights. Might be enuf to kill the voice without puting a drag on the wheels.

shakedown067 06-01-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navy2kcoupe (Post 115807)
Maybe just pull up on the e-brake handle till the brake light on the instrument panel lights. Might be enuf to kill the voice without puting a drag on the wheels.

Yeah, I think you just need two or three clicks. It shouldn't actually engage the parking brake. Good luck...I'm glad mine doesn't do that. :toetap05:

Bob K 06-01-2010 09:05 PM

It's no big deal to pull the ground cable from the battery.

RevXtreme 1 06-03-2010 11:55 AM

put the ignition in accy mode, then you should be fine as long as it is not on for an extended period that would drain the battery.