The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   Welcome Room (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New Member Here (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54)

gsjack 04-20-2006 01:06 AM

New Member Here

Wanted to say hi and introduce myself to all the members. I own a 04 MY/Mod Red Z06 and 75 Millie Miglia Red Stingray Vert.
Looking forward to meeting up with some new friends and also join old friends from the Tampa Bay area.

Jack

Rich Z 04-20-2006 02:01 AM

Welcome aboard, Jack.

I've been through Inverness several times. Usually eat dinner at the Outback there when the opportunity arises. Got a friend in Crystal River the wife and I would visit when we could, but haven't seen him in a while.

There was some big Corvette meet recently in Crystal River that the wife and I wanted to drive on down to, but seems to me some emergency came up around here and couldn't make it. Were you there?

gsjack 04-20-2006 02:09 AM

Been to all 3 shows in Crystal River Rich. Just posted a pic under the shows thread from Corvettes in the Sunshine lll.

I only live about 1/2 mile away from Outback in Inverness. Give me a shout next time your down my way.

Jack

Rich Z 04-20-2006 02:19 AM

Will do! Not sure when that will be, however. But sometimes the wife and I just feel like getting the hell out of here at the drop of a hat. Ever been to Charlie's Crab House in Homosassa Springs? We've been there quite a few times as well. I was born and raised in Baltimore, so I have to get a "fix" of steamed blue crabs every now and again. Really hard to find a place that knows how to do them right.

gsjack 04-20-2006 02:26 AM

Had a home on the water in Homosassa for 17 years. Sold it and moved to Inverness 4 years ago. Ate at Charlie's many times, great food. Pecks, in Ozello, is my favorite place to get seafood though, ever been there. Sits right at the end of Ozello Trail on the Gulf.

Jack

Rich Z 04-20-2006 02:33 AM

Yep, been to Peck's a couple of times. Personally I think the blue crabs are better at Charlies. But I never tried anything else there, so I don't have a complete picture of everything they offer. Damn, now I'm getting hungry thinking about this. My wife works at a local seafood place on Wednesdays and brought home some fresh shrimp to steam up. I think they have worn off by now.... :)

Guess I'd better be getting to bed. Taking the Z to the shop tomorrow early to have them look at my alternator/generator problem. I'm hoping the tech just bumped a connector somewhere when he put on the headers.

Catch you later....

Thanks.

MADN3SS 04-20-2006 09:13 AM

Hey Jack, I see you found your way here as well. See you here or there.

Scott

Yellow 05-08-2006 10:40 AM

:wavey: gsjack