The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Corvette Discussions (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Are these people serious? (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=564)

Rich Z 08-03-2006 10:00 PM

Are these people serious?

Saw an auction on Ebay where you can order a 2007 Z06 for $10K+ over msrp...

Quote:

Here is your chance to ORDER your 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06. This auction is for the amount OVER MSRP you are willing to pay for a 2007 Corvette Z06.
Starting bid is at $10K :lmao:

Or am I nuts THINKING this is nuts?? :notallthere:

SebringBill 08-03-2006 11:09 PM

Dont'cha remember the '78 Pace Cars?

This and Barrett-Jackson are absolute proof of the existence of lotsa people with more money than brains. :lmao:

MADN3SS 08-04-2006 12:54 AM

I had seen a few of those before. It's bull schnikeys.

Formula Outlaw 08-04-2006 09:26 AM

A friend of mine just ordered a new 07' Z06 from one of our advertisers, Ed Morse Chevrolet, for 5K over list. He was very happy about that. He had checked with about seven other dealers and they all wanted 15K over.

als2052 08-04-2006 11:27 AM

No reason for it unless you just want to throw your money away.

:toetap05:

Nytro 08-04-2006 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SebringBill

This and Barrett-Jackson are absolute proof of the existence of lotsa people with more money than brains. :lmao:

Hey wait a minute, I bought a Pace Car new in 1978 for $18,000 which at the time was 6 grand over sticker. A lawyer friend of mine bought one also and we had two brand new ones in his garage. Soon thereafter the market took a big dump on those cars, I eventually sold it for what I paid. It was a poor investment.

There are dealers willing to sell ordered cars for MSRP just gotta look. I spent 30 years working at new car dealers as a Parts and Service Director, most sales managers are under ernormeous pressure to generate bottom line profit so they do what they have to to keep their jobs. Also Managers, sales people, parts people and service managers and advisors work on commission so it is their best interest to sell their products for as much as they can, it directly relates to money in their pockets. The only saving grace is when you charge top dollar you must provide top shelf service. In the car business there is an old saying, "there's an ass for every seat." Some people are willing to pay over, and some people aren't. Just my .02

als2052 08-04-2006 01:15 PM

So where is the top shelf service??

:toetap05:

Z06 Rocket 08-04-2006 05:30 PM

I agree with the more money than brains comment to pay well over sticker. It's only a matter of time before they are MSRP out there. It's just the people who want to be first to have one. The hype wears off in a few years. It would take 50 years like the '53 to gain any value,,,, if todays technology even lasts that long!:banghead:

2Vettes 08-04-2006 08:35 PM

Can I say the name of a dealer here and give some info on their pricing if they're not supporting members?

naples 08-04-2006 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SebringBill

I sold cars while in college, they had a new pace car and I sold it for $19,995. No questions asked. I also sold a look a like for $13,000. Those cars created quite a lot of attention. They are still my favorite of Corvette pace cars.