The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club

The ALL Florida Online Corvette Club (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/index.php)
-   General BS forum (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What did you guys do over Memorial Day weekend? (https://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59667)

Rich Z 05-31-2011 12:21 PM

What did you guys do over Memorial Day weekend?

Connie and I just stayed around the house working out in the yard. Connie dug up some pampas grass we planted a long time ago and relocated it away from our new tangerine "grove". Then weeded around the tangerine trees. She has set up a couple of raised garden beds in back of the garage that she is taking care of.

I was pulling up grape vines that were spreading from the root sections left over from the last time I cleared them out. Been pretty good exercise pulling and tugging on those vines, so it's been quite a workout. Of course, it's hot as blazes out there, and the yellow flies are a terror. Then I discovered a yellow jacket's nest that one of those grape vine subterranean sections went right through. Luckily I escaped with only one sting on the forearm.

We've got a lot of plantings that need to be watered with the drought we are going through, so that has soaked up much of the weekend as well.

Actually been a while since we've taken any of the cars out for a drive.

So we didn't really do anything very exciting....... :shrug01:

Mark Dalton 05-31-2011 01:20 PM

I worked all day sat.(we had a big sale at the store). Sunday, my sister and I went to a friends house near Pensacola for dinner. They live right on Escambia bay, I think it is, and it was very nice. Monday I just laid around the house and did a few chores.

navy2kcoupe 05-31-2011 07:40 PM

Saturday, went to watch my Grandson (2 1/2) run in a 2.2 mile road race. More like
a "be carried by his mother (our Daughter) 2.2 mile road race :rofl1:. Sunday was my
birthday (65 and signed up for Medicare if you MUST know), so I cut the grass in the
morning, took my wife, our Daughter, Son-In-Law, and 2 1/2 year old Grandson out
for a very nice lunch at a local place that gives the "birthday boy" his meal for free
on his birthday, spent a quiet afternoon then went to our Daughters for dinner. Monday was
spent just "hanging around", then going for dinner at a local place that has a Corvette
and hot rod "cruise night" on Mondays and admiring the rides after the dinner.
All of this was tempered by the fact that I'm "On Call" until Friday morning, and that
tends to put a damper on things. But all in all it was a VERY nice weekend.
Andy :wavey:

RevXtreme 1 06-01-2011 06:23 AM

Worked 12 hour days......trying to keep up.

C6Flatfoot 06-01-2011 07:15 PM

Grilled out of course and attended a party in our complex. Very nice. :)

Next day...pool party at our complex...again very nice :crazy03:

This next Saturday, there is a car show at Port Canaveral that will featurs muscle cars that will be leaving on an annual Muscle Car Tour of some type. Sorry I don't have more knowledge or info on it.

Happy 65 Andy and God Bless. :dancer01:

c6 flatfoot

navy2kcoupe 06-01-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C6Flatfoot (Post 137839)

c6 flatfoot

Thanks for the B-day wish! It turned out to be one of the best birthdays I've had! :thumbsup:
Andy :wavey:

C6Flatfoot 06-01-2011 07:38 PM

Grilled out of course and attended a party in our complex. Very nice. :)

Next day...pool party at our complex...again very nice :crazy03:

This next Saturday, there is a car show at Port Canaveral that will featurs muscle cars that will be leaving on an annual Muscle Car Tour of some type. Sorry I don't have more knowledge or info on it.

c6 flatfoot

RevXtreme 1 06-02-2011 12:58 PM

I'm jealous!!!!

THOR 06-02-2011 08:17 PM

I met up with my 2 brothers for our annual brothers' weekend and we went to the Coca Cola 600 NASCAR race in Charlotte, NC. Beautiful weather, great race too. :thumbsup:
PS: we also went to the NASCAR Hall of Fame and had a private behind the scenes tour of Henrick Motor Sports. Awesome trip. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

vetteguy61 07-22-2011 03:50 PM

I went to the Vetts 4 Vets track day at Talladega. Ran 2 five laps sessions. Got my C5 up to 160. It was a real rush. May have to go back next year and try for 170.