View Single Post
Unread 01-10-2010, 03:44 PM   #9
Bradzvette
PW Pimp, keeper O' 'da thread

Name :
Bradzvette is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
[color="Red"]I've seen and heard my share of "good kids" with smart mouths. I've also seen and heard my share of "hood rats" that were as polite as the day is long. Blue Chipper or from the hood...doesn't matter. I was actually being somewhat sarcastic with the "attitude adjustment" comment. Sorry if it came across differently.
Oh no, you were right on with that. Shoot we benched five regulars last week becasue of bad attitudes (yeah they are good kids but are not with the game plan so to speak) and started five freshaman against Springstead. So no doubt your point was right on. Just passing along a pespective of 25 years of coaching and 11 years in the classroom dealing with kids.

Most college athletic walk-ons are fighting for a scholarship, usually they are not the PITAs, its the blue chippers that think they can do what they want to and have the attitudes. They think because they were recruited by several programs that they are the chit.

Also dont forget the kid's HS coach stepped up publically and supported him from day one, that was huge. If the coach is wrong, no D1 recruiter will ever visit Wharton again. And those HS players will go to Hillsborough, Plant etc.

We will see though.

Always good having a discussion with you Shadow, never a worry brother.

Cheers
Bradzvette is offline   Reply With Quote