Thread: Police Chase
View Single Post
Unread 01-28-2010, 04:32 PM   #32
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
You need to look at the big picture. My Vette was 52k and the truck was 50k. Kings Ranch loaded with options. I talked to a guy in a rest area because he was delivering new RV's with his Ford diesel. He had 450,000 miles on it and just had it in for it's first repair. They had to rebuild the tranny.

My truck is an '04 with 114,000 on it. Except for a minuscule oil leak I have not had one problem and one of the grand kids could still be driving it. I tow a 22,000# fifth wheel trailer with it effortlessly at any speed I wish to run. I get 20 MPG and 11 MPG towing. My gross weight is 30,000 plus.

Does this help? These are not trucks you want to trade very often unless you have a LOT of money. I don't. So in the long run, they are really cheap and you don't need a car. These have all the goodies, comfortable seating and a huge trunk if you put a bed cover on it.
There's no doubt about thier worth. My thing is, other than the airboat, and occasionally a fixed hull, I'm not likely to be towing or hauling much.

Canoes, camping gear, smaller trailered boats and such I can easily haul with my Landcruiser.

Ther truck would not get that much use and I don't have 50k to throw at something to sit around.

That's why I got rid of my 2000 Z28 convertible and my 87 Vette. Too many toys and not enough seat time

Decided to get completely out of debt first, then start re aquiring toys as I want and need them but doing so hopefully, without going into debt

Maybe one day my friend

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote