View Single Post
Unread 02-06-2010, 11:12 PM   #96
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT A TA View Post
In CT lots of people refered to it as "Jersey" , If you said "I'm racin in Jersey this weekend" everyone knew where you were talking about.

I actually didn't pose the car at Lime Rock. I'd driven the car there but wasn't running it that day. I'd parked there to go take pics of cars on track from the bridge area with someone elses camera. When I returned I thought it'd be a nice shot so I took it and had the pic emailed to me later.

I went to watch a girlfriend run open wheel cars at the Skip Barber school. Her boss rents the track and school one day a year and picks employees to attend the school for free. He knew I'd run there before and wanted to try the new surface before I moved south. He told me if one of the people didn't show up or chickened out he'd let me run one of the cars otherwise I could hang out and go to the classes and ride in the pace cars. With the possibility of getting in an open wheeled car on the new track you can be sure I wasn't going to miss out!!

Unfortunatly (for me) no one backed out so I attended the classes, visited with some of my previous instructors from the PCDA, rode in the pace cars, and took pics of everyone running on track with my G/Fs camera. That was the last time I drove the car with a normal interior. A few days later I took out the interior for a huge safety upgrade with a full cage, fire systems, Kirkeys, Schroths etc. http://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48151
You mean Joisey. Great job and write up. I don't like the cage because I could not get in or out. Can't you use the removable bars for driver and passenger entry?

If I had a '70 Firebird in good shape I don't think I could have added the cage you did. You got what you wanted. A very nice safe car to drive in the events you are interested in, That's what it's all about.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote