View Single Post
Unread 05-07-2010, 10:09 AM   #272
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
I wonder if the guy did a realistic assessment of what the value of his old parts really is compared to the cost (money, time, and effort) to file a civil lawsuit? Perhaps he knows some really CHEAP attorneys?

Heck, I had an attorney tell me that unless I was seeking damages of at least $100K, then the case just wasn't worth his time.

Yeah, you might get a letter written containing threats of litigation and such for a couple of hundred bucks, but once a response comes back that makes it plain that the issue will only be able to be settled in court, well, you had better be checking to see just how deep your own pockets are.
Well, if it were me it would be well worth a $100,000 judgment. But, you'll never be awarded that much. Can you even imagine that happening to you? My car would have been on the trailer and out of there a long time ago if all the facts are true as written.

Sure, you've had a lot of problems and your car has been there a long time but it wasn't because of Chris. I think Thunder also has his car there. If both of you come out of there with a smile then you would have to think something else is going on.

It's nice being able to post my thoughts and not having to put up with a rant. I never did tell anyone about the first PM he sent me. It was a good one. I think my butt is still sore.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote