View Single Post
Unread 05-16-2010, 11:08 AM   #23
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADN3SS View Post
What % of Floridian's have change their mind from "Drill, baby drill", to "Not in my backyard!"?

For those that opposed drilling off Florida's coast from the beginning, it's kinda bittersweet. It's terribly sad that it takes something of this magnitude to open people's eyes. They say it's rare to have an oil spill/leak. All it takes is one. It will have a devastating effect on numerous industries across our great country. Though 80% of our seafood in the US is from foreign waters. I guess it goes along with everything else that's made outside the US.
Unfortunately Scott, the same logic could be applied to Nuclear energy. We have Nuke plants all over the place, including a couple within glow in the dark range of us in the Bay area.
As we saw with Chernobyl...it only takes one to make the place an uninhabitable desert for quite a while

Then there's the coal plants, explosion risks and pollution problems....

I guess what I'm saying is, everything has it's risks

We need better, more competent, less panty waste oversight people!!

Somebody that can't be bought and doesn't give a fat rat's arse about political correctness, what people think of thier opinions and decisions, has NO politcal aspirations, and is only concerned with the safety and wellfare of the workers and the cleanliness of our oceans and beaches...

...now....where do Andy and I apply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASZ51 View Post
I'm still for drilling within 20 miles offshore of my coast. At least 60ft of water is better to deal with than 5000ft if there is a screw up.

Absolutely. At least at that depth, you can get people and equipment down there!

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote