View Single Post
Unread 05-22-2010, 12:51 PM   #58
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Tracy,

For your benefit, and so others can see your response, here's a simple cut and paste of your retort:

Quote:
This still does not address the fact that Mark Dickey posted an attack on me without checking the facts or contacting me in a PM to even attempt to hear the facts or verify what he was told by Tom was not true.

Does not make it clear that all of Mark Dickeys statements and accusations were lies and the harm id already done.

Does not address Mark Dickeys threat of physical violence (or what could be interpeted as a death threat) in a public forum.

And does nothing to clarify that I bent over backwards to help Tom on every step of this deal.

I understand that this is touchy, but harm has been done here and it has spread now to other forums (by Mark it appears) and it has STILL not been made clear that Tom was NEVER lead to believe he was selling the car to me.

I ask for my name to be cleared here and it be made clear that Mark Dickeys actions were uncalled for.

Tracy Lewis
Although I asked that this matter be left alone, it's apparent that you're not going to let it die

Since you quoted MY response, I'll respond in kind, but more specifically:

Quote:
This still does not address the fact that Mark Dickey posted an attack on me without checking the facts or contacting me in a PM to even attempt to hear the facts or verify what he was told by Tom was not true.
True.
Everyone "should" at least attempt to verify facts or state them as hearsay (so and so told me this or that....) when posting anything potentially inflamatory or damaging about another person or business.
As I indicated in my previous post (quoted above), I recieved my information from Tom and Justin.
In this case, Mark did say that he got this information from Tom. Other than getting into a he said/she said, not much good would have come from contacting you. The person he really needed to contact for the straight, non-biased scoop, would have been the new owner or RPE

Quote:
Does not make it clear that all of Mark Dickeys statements and accusations were lies and the harm id already done.
This is not true Tracy.
Misguided statements, confused and/or incorrect information, maybe.
Outright "Lies?" Not really and not all of it was incorrect.
Again, this is from MY PERSONAL CONVERSATIONS with Tom and Justin.
Let's leave it at that please. I'm already said I'm not going to release details publically of those priovate conversations!

Quote:
Does not address Mark Dickeys threat of physical violence (or what could be interpeted as a death threat) in a public forum.
It wasn't intended to!
The post was "intended" to prevent further he said/she said on the issue, state that a resolution had been reached between the 2 parties actually involved, and attempt to put the matter at rest.

Marks indescretion was handled in the same manner as yours.
What more would you like me to do? Have him drawn and quartered?

Quote:
And does nothing to clarify that I bent over backwards to help Tom on every step of this deal.
You've made that evident in several of you own posts. I saw no reason to rehash it.

Quote:
I understand that this is touchy, but harm has been done here and it has spread now to other forums (by Mark it appears) and it has STILL not been made clear that Tom was NEVER lead to believe he was selling the car to me.
There's nothing really "touchy" about it. It is what it is.
That little factoid as to who though who was purchasing the car, has been sufficiently explained to me.

I suggest, if you want to further this matter, that you privately discuss it with Tom and Justin. Maybe a little sit down between the 3 gentlemen involved would do more good than trying to hash it out here

If you feel you have been "damaged" by Marks actions, there are channels you can follow for redress of grievances.

Quote:
I ask for my name to be cleared here and it be made clear that Mark Dickeys actions were uncalled for.
Sorry man, can't do that

I'm not a babysitter, a sunday school teacher (that's not a HALO over my bald head, it's a GLARE) nor a miracle worker.

Although I viewed Marks "threat" as a response to some apparent PM related issue, it was and is uncalled for on a public forum.

As previously stated, both your "charactherization" comment and Marks "threat" were handled identically and pursuant to forum protocol.
That matter is over and behind us

As for clearing your name, I've found the best course of action to be time.

The public as a whole, has a very short memory span. Most can tell you what happened on the last episode of "FAMILY GUY", but can't tell you the name of the latest Supreme Court nominee

Of course there are various resources you may pursue through both the civil court system (if you feel you have "damages" and/or the Criminal Courts System if you believe the threat to be a "real" and "viable" threat.

Or, you could chalk the whole matter up to a friend tying to look out for a friend, not having access to all the information, and another internet b**ch fest.

If it were me, unless he showed up at my door, baseball bat in hand, I'd let it go.

From my POV, this matter is still closed. No further action will be taken on any previous matters by me.

All the best to all parties in any way involved

Gordon

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote