View Single Post
Unread 08-16-2010, 07:02 PM   #25
Z06 Rocket

Name :
Z06 Rocket is on a distinguished road

If the department is aggressive enough to use an unmarked Durango then I would wager a lot that there is a video camera in the car as well. The super stealth vehicles like pick up trucks, SUV's, and non traditional cars are advertised as "aggressive driver enforcement" which means there is a camera on board for evidence purposes. The officer is well aware the video is there so I doubt he tailgated you to the point that it would look dangerous on video. One other point the officer might make is that before putting on the lights they move closer to the vehicle they intend to stop to get a good look at the tag or occupants for safety as the stop occurrs. If you saw him getting ready to hit the lights and punched the go pedal at the same time then it would be a plausible excuse as to why he was close to you.

If there was a video then maybe you really don't want the judge to see it first hand...... It's one thing to have a mental image of the 100 mph in a 45 zone, but a whole other problem to actually see it yourself. Judges are human, and if you get a hard azz you may see him turn red around the collar as he gets pissed looking at the video while he wishes that he could have written you the ticket as well. If you get that guy then its adios because he might feel that you got off easy by not going to jail, and in the process levy a HUGE fine against you. Speeding by itself is not a crime, but if the video shows other cars/pedestrians/bicycles etc etc then reckless could be considered.

It's up to you regarding a lawyer. In my opinion theres nothing they can do for you. You stepped in it pretty big here. Speak to a lawyer in a free 1st consultation to get a few pointers that you can use yourself, and save the $$$ for the big-ol fine headed your way. I know of a kid near my neck of the woods caught doing 80-45 zone, and that ticket holder was fined $750.00 !!
Z06 Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote