• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

What do you all do for a living?

Rich Z

Internet Sanitation Engineer
Staff member
Just curious to know what you all do to bring home the bacon. I think there is a perception that people who own Corvettes must be very well heeled to be able to afford one (or more), which we all know just is not true, but still I think many people believe that to be true.

Me? Well I breed corn snakes and sell off the babies. I think you all are going to be pretty hard pressed to beat that one on the Weird-o-meter... :)

I have worked for our county government for the past 28 years. I started at an entry level position in my department, and I have progressed up to the Assistant Director. I have a staff of close to 60 people under me.

I am a dentist. I would have given my right arm to have a vette years ago but raising a family and paying the school debts came first. I am getting my first vette in about two weeks. Talk about delayed gratification. Prior to becoming a dentist, I was a high school biology teacher and a phlebotomist (blood drawing).

I am a Vice President of a Federal contractor. Been in this business for over 30 years, but getting out in about 6 or 7 months!

I'm a CPA (Car Parking Attendant - among other things) and I'm forever working to keep the Federal budget unbalanced!

Remember, according to Gallagher, "if "pro" is the opposite of "con" then "Progress" must be the opposite of "Congress"! :lmao:

Retired deputy sheriff, run private business and still do police work for a small city agency.

Not necessarily in this order.

Criminal Justice Graduate Student 7 semesters to go...

Part Time Probation Officer (Leaving that position to do my own thing)

(Hopefully)Starting in January a FFL Licensee catering to Law Enforcement/Security and CWL Licensees in Florida for now, but branching out to Georgia later on. (Getting sick of Florida) Pending the mountain of paperwork gets approved.... :toetap05:

Jack of all trades master of none

Commercial real estate broker/developer....currently trying to get used to retirement. On my 2nd vette now after waiting many years.:dancer01:

28_1_14.gif

Retired...and loving it! :D

Member of 4 car clubs.
Villa rep to community council.
Patrol Support Team volunteer for local law enforcement.

Electrical Consultant

Own a Consulting Engineering Firm in Tampa....Electrical Engineering.
Designing Commercial, Industrial, Educational, Medical, Condominiums and lots of other stuff.
http://www.cegtampa.com/

Last edited:
kwvette

Well, I'm in the insurance business in the Keys and just purchased my first vette. I'm actually retired from the carrier side of the business and now just a simple agent and a lot happier too. The car's great with the only problem being I have to drive to the mainland to find a long strip of pavement.:banghead:

Key West

kwvette said:
Well, I'm in the insurance business in the Keys and just purchased my first vette. I'm actually retired from the carrier side of the business and now just a simple agent and a lot happier too. The car's great with the only problem being I have to drive to the mainland to find a long strip of pavement.:banghead:

I designed the new RonJon building down there a few months ago..I am due to go back in January...Maybe we can hook-up down there. Will send you a "PM" in January.

Last edited:
I am a telecommunications engineer. I work with cellphone providers to determine their equipment needs. 28 years with BellSouth and now with Nortel 9 years.

86DSOMVERT said:
(Hopefully)Starting in January a FFL Licensee catering to Law Enforcement/Security and CWL Licensees in Florida for now, but branching out to Georgia later on. (Getting sick of Florida) Pending the mountain of paperwork gets approved.... :toetap05:

Jack of all trades master of none

Oh my C4 brother! I've been looking for a reliable and reasonably priced FFL :D

Construction Engineer working for consultant in SW Fla. Been in the engineering business 36 years. Started as a civil draftsman.

As my avatar might indicate........ I'm a television director/ production manager at WPTV (NBC) in West Palm Beach. Florida's #1 rated television station:thumbsup: Been at the same station for almost 20 years.

--Mike--

Computer programmer for the local electric company.

I've done a lot of other things in the past, including about 10 years as a proving ground test engineer for GM. That was fun. :D

kwvette said:

I'm going to be down there sometime in January. Hooking up with the Pres of the Corvette Club I'm in down there, to go cruising and general tom foolery. She's not due back till January and last recent trip down we took our Impala instead of the Vette. Glad I did I would have froze my butt off. Hopefully we can hook up and go cruising.

Mekanic said:
Oh my C4 brother! I've been looking for a reliable and reasonably priced FFL :D

To my C4 and Corvette Brothers/Sisters

$15.00 Transfer Fee + $5.00 NICS Check

NRA Members receive 10% off Pre-Tax purchase showing a valid NRA Membership Card...

5% off Additional for mentioning corvetteflorida.com

Active and Retired Law Enforcement 15% off

Due to my location and ATF/State Background checks it would be advisable to have a Concealed Weapons Permit so you can do the paperwork and leave with your purchase the same day. A trip from down south twice to Ocala would suck:ack2: .

Opening in Mid to Late January 2007. Can't even give prices yet till the inspection comes through, and some of you know how those Federal types are!!! :D I'm only doing a niche market with CWL, security, LEOs and occasional transfers. So look me up or give me a call after the new year. I will not be stocking much as I'm running it on the internet and can't have heavy foot traffic in my neighborhood. So you'll have to know what you want unless it's Glock then I most likely will have those in stock G17, G19, G26, G37.

352-351-8171

Nathan

Back