View Single Post
Unread 09-23-2010, 08:19 PM   #483
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteJohn View Post
What about taking the vin number to a gm dealer and asking them to look up which locking lug nut came with the car and having them get one for you. Or perhaps it is listed in the rpo codes for your car. That is if you cannot find your original.
I bought the car used, and the guy I bought it from was pretty shady. Matter of fact, the Z06 had regular C5 wheels and tires on it. So there is no guarantee at all that the locking lugs are original for the car.

I'm hopeful I can come up with it tomorrow at the shop. If need be, I will check every socket in the place and take everyone that doesn't look like a normal socket to try them.

The sockets used to remove locking lug nuts kind of look something like a screw remover, except that it is external and bites into the lugnut to spin it off the stud. Heck, Advance Auto might even have the tool and loan it out to me for free, if necessary. They do that sort of thing as a service. Of course, I can see where a really stubborn nut might just get ground smooth instead of unscrewing, which would likely leave me REALLY screwed.