• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Now The BS Starts

I wasn't implying that you were a "radical."
What I mean is, this jokers remarks simply fuel the fires for the radical fringe he seems to disdain.
Wasn't aimed at you brother. I think you and I are pretty much on the same page in that book!

I never thought it was aimed at me Shadow. He thinks we're radicals and I'm just sayen..........

You know, that's exactly what I was thinking today while listening to some of the radio mouthpieces.
Trying to cacth up to Sheriff "joe":lmao:

From what I understand, the guy that took him down had a weapon ready, safety off and ready for use, but chose other actions for some reason?

If I was standing next to him in a crowd I would hit him with my gun before shooting him with it. Not being there though maybe the guy did have a clear shot. Interesting.

You didn't pay attention in class Bob:lmao::lmao:

Good news doesn't sell nearly as much air time and affect ratings as much as the bad:nonod::nonod:

I haven't read anything yet about the hero's.

I haven't read anything yet about the hero's.

I haven't had time to read anything:(

If I was standing next to him in a crowd I would hit him with my gun before shooting him with it. Not being there though maybe the guy did have a clear shot. Interesting.

That's what I'm thinking:thumbsup:

This guy is a member of Congress and I guess he thinks the bad guys will adhere to the law. What a genius.

"King said his bill would make it illegal to knowingly carry a gun within a thousand feet of "certain high-profile" government officials."

In other words, further widening the gulf between the elitists and all the peons. They can hire body guards by the droves paid for by our tax dollars yet they claim that we don't have any right to buy, have, and carry our own personally funded firearms when we believe we may come into harm's way in our daily travels. I just LOVE crap like this. Pretty much along the lines whereby Congress can make it a crime for peons to lie to them, yet nearly every word out of their mouths to us is a bold faced lie.

Growing up, if it didn't happen in my home town or the immediate area around Buffalo, NY (Where the new station was), then I never heard about it.
So if some deranged individual was upset with society he/she wasn't fed ideas through media like they are today.

You have to admit that with the speed of the media today there are many many copy cat crimes out there. And if you don't see what appeals to you on or in the media.... head to the web and do a search, it's out there. Just a shame that it gets twisted around the way that it does. That reported wants the story of the decade, but it also feeds the minds of the deranged.

Growing up, if it didn't happen in my home town or the immediate area around Buffalo, NY (Where the new station was), then I never heard about it.
So if some deranged individual was upset with society he/she wasn't fed ideas through media like they are today.

You have to admit that with the speed of the media today there are many many copy cat crimes out there. And if you don't see what appeals to you on or in the media.... head to the web and do a search, it's out there. Just a shame that it gets twisted around the way that it does. That reported wants the story of the decade, but it also feeds the minds of the deranged.

I'm sorry Steve but I think I'm having a bad night. Your post just went right over the top of my head. Are you saying the media is to blame or partially to blame and if so what media? I'm not sure what you're saying when you say it's twisted. Thanks.

I'm sorry Steve but I think I'm having a bad night. Your post just went right over the top of my head. Are you saying the media is to blame or partially to blame and if so what media? I'm not sure what you're saying when you say it's twisted. Thanks.

I the media wasn't as proficient as they are, we wouldn't hear half of what we hear. So yes, the media is the source. Are they to blame, no. that is where it is twisted. they want to do the best job they can at reporting the news. They want that story that goes viral and makes a name for themselves. But the deranged person that hears that report and says WOW, that's exactly what I need to do too...... is the problem. You can't censor who hears the news and who doesn't and that will never change. But many ideas are never even thought of until it is seen on the news.

Thanks Steve. I agree with you but I'm also thankful that I am better informed. I understand what you mean by "twisted" but like I previously posted I think these killers would always find a reason to justify their actions.

I really don't think censorship, whether forced or voluntary, is really the answer. I can just imagine how far the government would want to run with THAT ball. You can bet that criticizing the government would be top on that list of items to fully censor.

Thanks Steve. I agree with you but I'm also thankful that I am better informed. I understand what you mean by "twisted" but like I previously posted I think these killers would always find a reason to justify their actions.

Yes they will find a reason to justify their actions!!!
But the world we live in, and we created it ;) , feeds them idea after idea.

Maybe they only had a revolver. But know that they saw the shooting in AZ, they think about a pistol with and extended clip or 2.
That's all I'm saying.... they are fed ideas that might not have been thought of otherwise.

I really don't think censorship, whether forced or voluntary, is really the answer. I can just imagine how far the government would want to run with THAT ball. You can bet that criticizing the government would be top on that list of items to fully censor.

Oh come on Rich.... they don't want to censor us :lmao::lmao::lmao:

OK, maybe.... you can't yell out "You Lie" while the President is talking :shrug01:

Oh come on Rich.... they don't want to censor us :lmao::lmao::lmao:

OK, maybe.... you can't yell out "You Lie" while the President is talking :shrug01:

...apparrently, you can't say "click-you're dead" with a camera in your hands either.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41094534/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/
Fuller took a picture of Humphries and shouted, “You’re dead.”

Oh chit!!
Does this mean?....I think it does.....
If I buy 2 cameras or more in a 5 day period...bulk sales....let's report it....Oh hell!! We're all screwed....back to crayons.....:lmao::rofl1:

I think I understand your post. 85vette and Steve are just saying that because we are more informed that the seed gets planted into the brains of the loons. While I agree I also said that regardless of the news information or lack of these nut jobs would still eventually go on a killing spree.

None of us want to see censorship. The lefties can go ahead and ban long mags but the bad guys will still have them. They just don't seem to understand that bad people don't give a rat's azz about the law.

Back