View Single Post
Unread 02-25-2011, 01:57 PM   #31
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
WTF, This had been a good site. All he said was "enough was enough" meaning he said all he had to say.
Your interpretation of his intent is obviously faulty.

Quote:
Rich, you can hate the world but you can't take it out on us. There were no "disparaging back handed comments". I'm not going to get into any comments made by anyone on this site. I also know that we do not have freedom of speech on a privately owned site but I do know the day you exercise your right not to allow free speech you'll end up talking to yourself.

So I hate the world, eh? That sure covers a lot of territory. And how do you interpret anything I have said or done as "taking it out on us"? Who exactly is this "us" you speak of?

Sorry but I am not going to take the time to provide examples of the "back handed comments" to show you that you are incorrect. But they are there, nonetheless. And yes I did remove a "swan song" post that was not appropriate, for the record. I do understand that not everyone will be adept enough to pick up on something like this, and I do apologize for that.

"Free speech" nowhere is really unlimited. There are always going to be boundaries to what is acceptable fare. This place is no different than anywhere else in that respect.

Quote:
The day that Shadow or anyone else is removed from this site for voicing an opinion is the day that many others will also leave.
Allowing people to voice their opinion is not the same as my agreeing to allow anyone to be disparaging and/or condescending to me personally here in my own home. If anyone cares to leave because I won't permit that, then so be it. Anyone who would demand that of me is not welcomed here anyway. I seriously doubt that any of you in my shoes would allow it in similar circumstances.

And again for the record, I don't recall anyone ever being removed from this site for that sort of abuse. But that does not mean that it cannot happen, if warranted.

Quote:
Edit: Now I see he's been removed as a mod. Damn.
Unfortunate, but true. I felt it was a prudent move to make, under the circumstances. Anyone who has ever been an admin on a message board site will fully understand this logic. I apologize to others who may not have the experience necessary to understand the reasoning.