View Single Post
Unread 02-28-2011, 12:55 AM   #45
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Ah, I see. Taking a swipe at the forum, I see. Why is that, I wonder?
again?
Why so defensive Rich?
It's really not necessary with me.

There was no "swipe" at anything Rich.
Just an attempt at some humor that apparently didn't go well.

Quote:
Oh, I will believe the truth. All I ask is that people throw that bone my way.
A wise old Sergeant once informed this young, very green deputy:
"when more than one person tells you there's a problem, there's probably a problem"
It took a bit of self reflection to finally understand that.
And more than a little humility to make use of it.

Quote:
So tell me, Gordon, do we or do we not have a private forum here that moderators have access to that you could have brought up this "enough, my friend" discussion in private? Was your private messaging broken?
So are you saying that the true reason behind your actions, was because the suggestion "embarrased you", rather than the originally stated suggestion that it was rude and disrepectful (or whatever that was you said at the time?)

As you know, I'm not a big one on PM's.
Heck, I haven't cleaned my PM box out in how many years now?
Private forum?
Heck, I could just as easily have called you.
Honestly, I don't think the result would have been much different.
BTW- That whole telephone thing works both ways you know

Quote:
When you were a deputy, did you commonly bump heads with your supervisor(s) in front of the other troops? If so, how well was that received? Regardless of whether you did or not, tell me, what would someone's PURPOSE for doing so be, do you suppose?
I had a response typed out but for some reason I couldn't post it?
They say God looks out for drunks and fools...and I'm stone cold sober

In any event, any such commentary would likely be in an effort to save a life or in response to some other stupid action (I don't do stupid well)

Here's as close as I can get to the Readers digest versions:

1) New inexperienced Cpl. wanted to walk in on a known armed suspect at a crowed pool (children andother innocents crowding the area.)
I (and some others) disagreed and left her no way out but to use the U/C assets we had at our disposal to get close to the suspect, then take him down at close range.
She wasn't happy with my "public" objection to her plan (when she refused to listen to those with more experience).
End result- We did it with the U/C people, took him down, uniforms swarmed in as support, and all was well.
Removed 2 large caliber weapons and 4 magazines from his person.
She wanted to write us up for insubordination.
Instead, she was transferred to a "less critical" assignment

2) Defensive tactics instructor shows up at a huge bar fight already in progress!
Myself and 2 other deputies, not unscathed, have or are in the process of, arresting more people than we have restraints (including tie straps) and room for!!

He never enters the building, and when all is over, states (loudly) among the other deputies "we really took care of thier problem!"

You can imagine what came next (*HINT* I"ve never been once for political correctness)
Anyway, later he informs me he's going to "write me up" for "insubordiation."

I tell him to get to it and grab a memo form from my trunk.
What are you doing?

I'm writing YOU up for COWARDICE!
Now, lets see how this works out for you!

Knowing that all I'll get is "maybe" a day or 2 off, and that if proven (we have more than enough witnesses to support our case), he'll be unemployed and unemployable in law enforcement forever, he decides to take "other action."
(*NOTE*-you have to be CJSTC to be a cop. He knows he'll lose it forever over cowardice)

I get transferred to a "quiet zone,"
Best move ever!!

I end up on a ball busting great squad, eventually get transferred to the newly formed motor unit as the 1st "enformement" motor officer in the County, and go on to become the coordinator (supervisor) and instructor for the team until I retired

He spent the rest of his chicken chit career as a sergeant (couldn't buy a promotion) in a dead end squad.
Sometimes, life just sucks that way

Quote:
Seriously and honestly, what is your motive for trying to make a public spectacle of your disagreements with me? Hmmm?
Huum?
"Seriously?"

Seriously, there is/was no underlying "motive(s)."
I've said this repeatedly, but you apparently don't believe it?
Nothing you mentioned in your "rogue Moderator" post, had ever occured to me until you brought them up.

You may notice that in the Rick Scott thread, Z06Rocket and I degree on some of the suggestions proposed by Scott.

But he and I have kept it civil, stated our position and point(s), and tried our best to support them with fact.
The way a debate should be.

I'm not attacking his profession or that his denouncement of Scotts proposals "might" be self serving (nothing could be further from the truth I might add-I know Rocket-he's just not that way! About as down to earth as they come!)

I still consider him a friend and on the next debate, I may have his back.
One never knows.

What I do know, is that we're not all going to always agree.
It's human nature.

What I fail to understand, is when we (you and I disagree), you take it personally; yet when others disagree, it has no effect?

You and I have disagreed on (IIRC?) one (1) thing publically, related to this forum...that being the necessity to place one's entire name to be able to post in the BOI.
I felt there was a better way, you felt otherwise.
I was concerned for the members security, you didn't see a problem.

As we saw with Harwood, some people, if given the right information, will do what they can to attack a persons family or career (fabum is my example-they went to his and his wifes CO with threats of civil action and complaints).

In the end, agree or not, I supported your decision.
It's your house and your rules.
Simple as that.
I just chose not to participate in that section.

Other than that, all of our "disagreements" have been over politics, law enforcement and procedure, and the BP oil spill.

I'm not sure why any of that should be an issue?

A for my comment in this thread which lead us here, I've said all I'm going to say about it.
The comments here speak for themselves.

Take it for what it is was and how it was meant (as a friendly suggestion) or not.
The decision is yours.

There's really not much reason to continue this if all we're going to do is go back and forth at each other.

Please, have the last word. I'm going to try not to respond again.

In the meantime, I'll continue to participate as time and duty allow.
Speaking of which, I just got home a short time ago and have more paperwork to do.

later yall.

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote