View Single Post
Unread 02-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #47
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

I'm sorry you feel the way you do Rich.
I can assure you your concerns and suspicions are unfounded.
Anything that may arise later, will/would have been an afterthough predicated upon those actions and allegations, and never considered prior to them.

And regardless, nothing that is done will detrimentally impact "your site" or it's members.
Now, instead of speculation, you have it publically in writing

I've kind of gotten a kick out of the whole "rogue mod" thing.
Being a Richard Marcinko, (aka: "The Rogue Warrior") fan, it's halfheartedly flattering
But the whole internet "spook" thing is weird and simply makes no sense.

As far as the allegations tossed about above, and in previous posts, I'm going to consider the rationale behind them and am not going to respond other than to say that the references you've alluded to were either misstated, taken out of context, or otherwise incorrect.

You make several of the topics sound as though I was working alone, when in reality, there were several of us who were responding to your concerns over the cost of maintaining the site.

The remainder regarding member and bannings, all I can say is
(psst! I like the fact that we dont ban a lot of folks here)

The comments are hurtful and I believe cause grevious damage to my reputation and character both on an off the site

Quote:
. Your desire at this point, in my opinion, is to try to make myself and this site appear in as negative light as possible to others thinking it will be beneficial to your plans (that you never thought of before).
While realizing that the above statement is your "opinion", and ignoring the sarcasm at the end, I can assure you that you have no idea why I intend to continue to post here.

Any speculation you may have I'm sure is 180 degrees off reality.

My "intent" or "Desires" are as follows:

1) to enjoy the friendship and comaradarie of others I consider friends on the site.
2) Learn more about the cars we enjoy.
3) Check out the roadhouse
Anything else is simply nonsense.

[b]And once again, you now have it in writing for eternity)

As for the last comment you made:
Quote:
I do hate that this is coming to the head that we both know it is, Gordon, but you are the one who has set this ball in motion, you know.
That sounds more like posturing or a ban to me?

We would use a similar sounding phrase in law enforcement, just before something really bad happened to someone who probably deservedl it

I would hope you wouldn't allow your personal feelings to influence that decision.

Finally (for me at least), I've tried to remain professional throught this matter.
We were friends.
I'm sorry you've chosen this path. The friendship is strained to say the least, but not broken, and if you ever needed help, I'd still be there to help you.
Why?
Because that's what people do for each other.
I can't see letting a website alter that.

I belive that furthering this thread, can only result in useless banter back and forth between us and ultimately have a negative ending.
As well, it will lead to more animosity, fulfillment of egos (on both sides) and will be detrimental to the site and it's members as a whole.

Something I'm not willing to see that happen!

As a result, I'm bowing out of the fray.
There will be no further comment from me regarding you or this thread unless you choose to make them.

I think we both can see, by the simple fact that there's only you and I posting in here, that it's become a dead issue.

As you've always said to me, let's let it die on the vine.
Que serra serra and all that happy bull

Have a nice day.

Gordon

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Last edited by Shadow; 02-28-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote