View Single Post
Unread 03-05-2011, 11:22 PM   #7
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Connie and I took a cruise with the Cruisin Corvettes group out of Tallahassee down to Cedar Key today. I think there were 13 or so cars that made the cruise. Surprisingly enough the weather turned out just great even though the forecast was pretty "iffy", to say the least. It was pretty crowded there, since it was a weekend, and parking was not that easy to find. There were a few motorcycle groups there as well. Connie and I pulled off onto a side road and discussed the situation and decided that we didn't feel like parking on a street somewhere and then trying to fight with crowds in the stores, so we just headed on down to Crystal River and had dinner at Charlie's Fish House. HIGHLY recommended, by the way. We figure we can always go back down there again sometime during mid week when it isn't nearly as crowded.

The drive down there with the group was really nice, though and taking the back roads into Cedar Key was a lot of fun. If you decide to go there on a weekend, you might want to get there early to get parking. The public lot is rather small and fills up quickly.

Sorry to have to bail on Cruisin Corvettes, though...