View Single Post
Unread 03-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #8
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap142 View Post
Made the jump today and purchased a Spikes M4LE. Tomorrow the range to get a few rounds through her. I like what I see and what I feel. Will no doubt go with optics shortly but want to shoot iron sights for a bit.

Have heard good things and I like the 1 in 7 twist.

What do you who know suggest as to optics? Please don't even suggest the $1200+ ACOG's. My preference would be a red dot something or other but nothing speaks as strongly as the experience of others.

Come on RichZ I know you have much knowledge (and enough fire power to end the next world war) to offer some good ideas for a mid priced red dot.
Yeah, but honestly it's been a LONG time since I've bought any gun stuff. So I have to assume what I have used in the past has been surpassed by later technology.

I too prefer red dot scopes, but I have noticed a problem with them and my eyes. Some will be very blurry and not provide a nice sharp dot. So realistically you have to try them out to see if they are compatible with your eyes. This might not be a problem for everyone, but I know it is with me, and assume I am not unique in that respect.

But I will say this, I have not seen any other merchandise hold more accurately to the saying that "you get what you pay for" than rifle or handgun scopes.

Now with that being said, I believe the last red dot scopes I bought that I thought were moderately priced and quality built (and I could use them without problems) were the Leupold/Gilmore brand. But your mileage may vary, of course.