• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

Who's Going to the Everglades City Seafood Festival?

als2052

Road Trip!
Another gutbuster to put on your calendar. This event is on the first weekend in February. As more information becomes available, I will update this thread.

:party: :party: :party:

SEAFOOD FESTIVAL

PLEASE LET ME NO WHEN THIS IS AND HOW TO GET THEIR AS I WILL BRING A FEW CARS FROM AMERICAS CORVETTE CLUB TO CRUISE OVER FOR THE DAY
THANKS HOWARD MY E-MAIL IS GOLDYSBOX@ aol.com

Hey Howard,

Good to hear from you again. If you remember we met in restaurant at last year's reflection in glass and then again at the show in Naples (I'm Kevin and Kathy's brother in law).

As mentioned in my intitial post, festival is first weekend in February. You guys will be coming from Broward on Alligator Alley. You just get off @ SR 29 and head south to Everglades City. As more info comes in I will post same. Stay tuned...

Gannet said:
Here's the Offishul Website for the event. Not much detail, but it does give some info, and maps. We've been there, it's a nice little drive.

Gannet,

I believe the link you provided was for last year because the dates dont match the 2007 calendar. :toetap05:

If you find the correct website, please post. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Armando

Majority Wins - Which Day To See Festival?

If there is enough interest, we need to decide on whether to go Saturday or Sunday then pass the word too other corvette groups. America's Corvette Club (Reflections in Glass sponsor) has indicated that they may be bringing some cars.

SWFCC members could meet first in Cape Coral then caravan to the Winn Dixie in Labelle, resume caravan to intersection of SR 29/SR 82 and meet up with Corvettes on The Gulf members if any are interested then caravan to intersection of US 41/SR 29 and meet up with America's Corvetter Club If they show up. Once we are all together, we could then caravan down to Everglades City together.

And of course any non members would certainly be welcomed to join us at any point along our route.

We still have plenty of time to work out logistics. All we need to know for now is 1) Who's going? 2) Saturday or Sunday? 3) Which meeting spot works for you. Stay tuned....

:D :D :D :D :D

howard goldberg said:
SOUNDS GOOD TO ME ARE MEETING IS THURDAY NIGHT I WILL LET THEM KNOW. SATURDAY OR SUNDAY LET ME KNOW

Once you get a number, let me know and I will update the tally.

BYW, you guys should think of opening your own forum site here.

howard goldberg said:
PLEASE LET ME NO WHEN THIS IS AND HOW TO GET THEIR AS I WILL BRING A FEW CARS FROM AMERICAS CORVETTE CLUB TO CRUISE OVER FOR THE DAY
THANKS HOWARD MY E-MAIL IS GOLDYSBOX@ aol.com

America's Who?
:D

Parking Situation

I made an attempt to get some parking arrangements for us but unfortunately the event organizers do not handle the parking. There will be parking concessions as well DIY parking.

If there is anyone out that has an "in" with these folks, your help will be greatly appreciated.

:shrug01: :shrug01: :shrug01:

New Development - Sunday is Super Bowl

That puts a new wrinkle on things. Shown below is everyone's preference to date :toetap05: :

Saturday, February 3, 2007: Sampedros, Rupps, Fultons, Burch's, Goldberg & Americas Corvette

Super Bowl Sunday, February 4, 2007: Sampedros, Gannett, Fultons[/QUOTE]

Me personally, I would rather be behind the wheel of a corvette for three hours than in front of a TV screen watching everyone else get rich. :hehehe:

I will continue to update this roll call as the big day nears. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Latest Update

Looks like Saturday, Feb. the 3rd is the most popular at this time so with that the following meeting points are available depending on where you are coming from:

10AM @ SR 29/SR 80A (Cowboy Way) Winn Dixie parking lot in Labelle (coming from Ft Myers/West Palm)

10:30AM @ SR 82 (Immokalle Rd)/SR 29 (coming from

11AM @ US 41/SR 29 @ Everglades City Visitor Center

America's Corvettes will be @ the 11 AM location and from there whoever shows up will proceed to the Festival.

There is still plenty of time to add stops, change times etc. - just post your thoughts and whatever works with the majority wins.

Sorry Armando, can't make this one!

I will be coming into town for a quick couple days the weekend before and back out on the 30th. Hope everyone has a great time. BTW is this another off road event? :rofl1:

Rich427 said:
Sorry Armando, can't make this one!

BTW is this another off road event? :rofl1:

I have already scouted the area for that same reason and am happy to say, we should be fine. Then again...:hehehe:

Weather Update For This Weekend

The long range forcast for this coming weekend is 40%-60% rain predicted. This could definitely put a damper on things being that Everglades City in a bit on the low lying end of things and not conducive to vettes when there roads are wet. We will have to see later in the week. Stay tuned...

:thumbsup: :thumbsdown:

count me in for saturday.i live in south ft myers. anyone coming in from the cape? are we still meeting in LaBelle?

gs20 said:
count me in for saturday.i live in south ft myers. anyone coming in from the cape? are we still meeting in LaBelle?

If we meet the Broward County folks @ 11 AM, we can meet in Labelle @ 10AM. Stay tuned for more info as week unfolds...

Back