View Single Post
Unread 01-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #1289
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, I found some new hubs at a fair price -> http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...GRPWHELAMS____ so I have them on order. Luckily AdvanceAuto has some sort of 25% off promotion going on right now, and from what I hear, Moog is a pretty good brand name.

Now all I have to do is get the shaft out of the old hub without damaging the knuckle in the process. If I can't, well I guess I'll be in the market for new knuckles as well. Heck, I'm not sure whether I should even bother with the driver's side shaft and hub now. This passenger side is being a real pain in the ass, and quite likely the other side won't be any easier. But on the other hand, I guess it would probably just be smart to take care of both of them at the same time and be done with it. Had Aaron not left the brake line laying against the shaft boot and damaged it, this wouldn't even be an issue right now, but since it is, well, best to do it right rather than half assed... Literally..

Still waiting on the GM hub puller to show up here. I may go pound on the shaft a bit and attack it with the air hammer to see if it helps loosen the shaft up any.

Oh, if anyone knows of an inexpensive source for C5 Corvette knuckles, I sure would like to hear about it. From what I have been able to gather, the left front and right rear are identical, as are the right front and left rear. I guess they are sort of catacorner mirror images.