• Got the Contributing Memberships stuff finally worked out and made up a thread as a sort of "How-To" to help people figure out how to participate. So if you need help figuring it out, here's the thread you need to take a look at -> http://www.corvetteflorida.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3581 Thank you, everyone! Rich Z.

C5 Just waiting my turn

Kap142

I found a very tallented painter in Winter Heaven who will be doing a very
subtle set of blue ghost flames on my hood. Can't wait to see the work. Outta go in within the next couple of days.:crazy9:

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd be interested to see how this turns out for you. After getting my hood paint cracked thanks to the shop that last had my car, I'm pretty much committed to getting my car painted sooner rather than later if I want to take it to any shows and not get laughed out of there.

I don't know if there is anyone competent locally, though.... :shrug01: Getting a crappy paint job on top of everything else would likely put me right over the edge.

Yeah, "Saint Richard", that's me..... :rofl1: If I become pope, do I have to wear those weird hats?

Hummm interesting thought Jim but just for a bit of hood paint?:eek::ack2::eek:

BACC operates under NCCC rules and they have a point sheet for placing cars in different classes. Minor fogging, scalloping or other paint will give you 3 points. That will keep you in a "stock" class but 4 or more points moves one up to a "modified class".

Stay with the minor paint and you will be OK. As far as NCCC/BACC is concerned. But as I've always said, I never would let any club dictate how I want my car to be. A car is an extension of ones personality and screw anyone else! Have fun!!!

Mark, she hasn't even gone in as yet. So much for "a couple of weeks". Oh well at least she isn't just sitting in a shop. Hopefully she'll be done in the next couple of weeks, we shall see!?! I'll let ya know.:shrug01:

Are you going to be at the Pier show this year? :thumbsup:

Hey Ken. Gotta see the pics man. Where are they? Hi to Carrie. :crazy03:

Alrighty, after a bit of a delay the hood went for paint yesterday. I am excited and wait with great anticipation. Photo's to follow in a mere few days.:eek:

Yeah, looking forward to seeing the pics! Now that I have cracks in the paint on my hood, thanks to the last shop the car was in, I am pretty much committed to getting my car painted when I can scrape up the funds for it. So I'm looking for ideas if i want to do more than a simple repaint of the stock color.

Gonna take a drive into Winter Haven a bit later in the day with the intent of taking a few "in progress" pictures. We will see how those go.

What I am having done are called Realistic Flames or True Flames and is being done as ghost flames so they should be pretty subtle. Pres712 gave me the inside skinny of what will cause "Peek" to be classed as modified and that I don't want so the quiet approach is what I am seeking. I really do like the "quietly making noise" sorta approach.

Will do my best to get pics up as soon as possible.

This is just the first layer of flames, It'll all get quieter from here.:dancer01::dancer01:

Attachments

• P5150024.jpg
    P5150024.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 189
  • P5150025.jpg
    P5150025.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 171
First layer of flames, keep in mind very early yet. Finished product will have evolved greatly.:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Attachments

• P5150024.jpg
    P5150024.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 175
  • P5150025.jpg
    P5150025.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 188
That should look pretty sharp when it is finished. Looks great even now, though.... :thumbsup:

Back