View Single Post
Unread 04-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #1524
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

The fuel pump is in the tank. I'm still playing around with getting the wiring harness run. I don't like the idea of just using sheet metal screws to mount the fuse blocks in the battery compartment for the pumps so I'm going to try to use threaded nut pop rivets to mount a permanent threaded nut in the firewall. I ordered the tool from OReily's Auto, but in spite of the fact that their website said it came with threaded nuts, when I got it, they were NOT included. So that really didn't help much. They are going to take care of this tomorrow when I run the tool up to a local store to exchange it.

No, don't have the fuel rails back on. I might do that today. Was really waiting to get the throttle body back first, but I'll just leave off that cross over hose in the front so it won't be in the way.

Need to put some gasoline in the gas tank to check for leaks at the pump mounting seal.

Need to adjust the new fuel pressure regulator when I have the fuel system all back together again.

Need to buy a new battery and hook up the battery terminals for the new fuel pump system.

When I can start the car, I need to check for fuel leaks again and make sure everything is OK.

If everything checks out, I then need to pull off the passenger side fuel rail and disconnect the wiring connector going to the MAP sensor. Then need to pull off the vacuum hose at the front of the intake manifold that goes to the blow off valve and relocate that hose to the vacuum block I installed. Then install the 2 bar MAP sensor where that hose came out of the intake and put in the wiring harness extension for it.

When the tune calls for it, I need to run a vacuum hose from the fuel pressure regulator to the vacuum block so the regulator will then be vacuum regulated.

Need to hook up with wideband sensor to interface with HPTuners and make sure I know what the heck I am doing with it.

Time to get to the nitty gritty with the tuning. I have no idea what to expect, but I suppose I'll have to take the car out often to do data acquisition to send to Ed to try to dial in the tune. I'm hoping we won't need a dyno. There are some long stretches of flat road around here where I can hopefully do some steady state data collection. But no matter what, I suppose that sometime I am going to have to put it on a dyno. But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

Anyway, I think that covers about everything. Well, I need to break in the new brake pads and rotors, and there is that oil level sensor that is leaking that I need to replace the next time I change the oil. Probably some other minor stuff that I just can't recall now. Just praying for no smoke and flames all along the way.