View Single Post
Unread 05-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #36
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I know I'm going to have to get my car painted sooner rather than later, thanks to the damaged hood paint, and I would like to get some customization done, but I really don't want anything outlandish. I really don't want to drive down the road and have people looking behind me to see where the rest of the parade is at. Plus I just flat out like the Electron Blue color on my car. But it seems that not all Electron Blue Corvettes are identical looking, and some of the stock paint jobs I have seen don't all look the same. So if I want to keep my stock color, I would want an EXACT match with what I now have. Minus the dings, scratches and cracks, of course.

I'm thinking I might have to actually get a custom hood, as for some reason that airbridge is hitting against the hood, which never used to be the case before my car got the new engine. So I need more clearance there, and that means a humped back hood, I guess. I've looked HARD and don't see any way to adjust either the airbridge itself or move the STS intercooler in any way to make a difference. So when the time comes to get the paint job, that would be the time to consider getting a new hood. Wonder what sort of headaches all of that will dump on me? Things didn't go too well with the other stuff I had done to the car.

So I guess Connie and I need to go to some more car shows soon so I can look over some different hood styles to consider. And custom paint jobs, too, but I wouldn't want to be a copy cat of someone else's vette locally. I think one of the main reasons for a custom paint job is to make your car more unique. So copying someone else's design really isn't a step in that direction. Now, though, if I saw a custom paint job on another brand of car, well, then all bets are off....