View Single Post
Unread 06-15-2012, 11:38 AM   #10
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, my project wasn't supposed to be a 2.5 year rolling disaster. That's why I paid Harwood up front. He was supposed to have EVERYTHING at his shop before I even rolled it in the door. The plan was to roll my car in, pull out the old stuff and put in the new stuff, tune it, deal with the issues expected to crop up, and I would be on my way. I groused at the thought of even having my car tied up for a month or two. If I was told that my car would have been tied up even just 6 months I would have declined doing the project.

But once it started, first through Harwood's shop, then through Aaron Scott's shop, the only two choices I had were to keep on going, or abandon the car at a complete loss of everything put into it up to that point.

Obsession or perfectionism had nothing at all to do with this. It was a pretty cut and dried case of simple survival concerning the car.

As far as now that the car is home, I really don't think there is that much of a dividing line between obsession and perfectionism at all. Trying to make things perfect IS an obsession, I suppose....