View Single Post
Unread 08-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #1773
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I had some people over on CorvetteForum ragging on me that I really should just give up on this car and I made a statement about this that I think I should post here as well. Certainly some of you are thinking the same thing...

=================
Connie and I have discussed this extensively. I know it is wearing on her, so I told her that if she was ready to throw in the towel, then so am I.

She wants me to treat it as a hobby. An expensive hobby, no doubt, but then again, how many or them aren't? If it takes me years to get the car right, then so be it. If I have to ship the car to Lingenfelter, or Katech, or whoever, to have it straightened out, then so be it. If I have to work on everything I CAN here in my own garage, then so be it. If Connie is willing to stand by me, no matter what, then I'm just not going to roll over on this and be defeated.

The car CAN be fixed. And it WILL be fixed. Regardless of those shops and guys who through ignorance, incompetence, laziness, or whatever nearly ruining my car, taking my money for services they did NOT render, and putting Connie and myself through Hell over it.

When the car is done, then I will take it to every local show I can find knowing that everyone who knows of this will be thinking of Chris Harwood and Aaron Scott and what they did to my car, Connie, and myself in the process whenever they see it. And it will also be a testiment to all those other people and shops here locally that COULD have helped me, but didn't "want to get involved", that I did not need them after all. Shane was the only one out of the bunch willing to step up to the plate and help me. I'm a member of the local Tallahasee Corvette club and not a single solitary soul out of any of them contacted me to offer help. None of them. I got one guy to come help me by taking a look at my fuel system, but it was like pulling teeth to get his help. Heck, I had a lot more offers from this forum (meaning CorvetteForum) from guys across the country willing to drive or fly here to lend me a hand.

So yeah, I learned a LOT of lessons from all this.

And I hope YOU all are learning that I am NOT a quitter. I may buckle and drop to my knees every now and again, but as long as I am able to bring myself to my feet again, I'm damned sight gonna.......
================