View Single Post
Unread 08-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #1775
CorvetteJohn
Deceased

Name : John Robinson
CorvetteJohn is on a distinguished road

I am going to eat crow and rejoin this saga. As I have said many times you are very lucky to have someone like Connie to stand by your side. I applaud your decision to press ahead and to look forward to enjoying this car. I also am amazed by the documentation you have on this build. Your pictures and video are priceless and as you have demonstrated recently they have been an invaluable aid in resolving the latest issue to crop up from the past. I particularly liked the piece you machined to mount the MAF sensor. It showed me that you have a talent for doing things in a neat and professional manner. My only regret is that I live to far away to someday see and hear this beast up close and personnel. I believe your diagnosis of what happened to the drive line is spot on. It is surprising how little it takes to mess up a gear. I know that GM back in the late 80's and early 90's was holding there gear tooth tolerances in there manual transmissions to plus or minus 3 thousands with the acceptable tolerance in the production being less than 1 thousands.
CorvetteJohn is offline   Reply With Quote