View Single Post
Unread 12-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #7
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap142 View Post
Hey rich, do you need to cut away part of the bumper to open it for air flow? On mine once you remove the front filler plate you have the holes for screwing on a tag. No air flow there.
Yes, I know. I've actually had the original panel off of the front bumper for several days now waiting for this screened one to come in.

So yeah, some cutting is in order. I guess I've gotten kind of blase about slicing and dicing on the car after all this crap. You don't know how tough it was for me to make my mind up to cut into the firewall way back when, when I needed the clearance for the fuel rail end on the driver's side. That certainly did break the ice for me.

I've got a side cutting drill bit for my Dremel that should do the job nicely. But there is a wiring harness directly in back of the area I need to cut away that will have to be relocated first. The harness runs across the bottom and attaches to those white snap in pieces you see in the center of the square indents. But of course I'm not cutting a thing till this gets resolved concerning the screen panel I received.

Once I cut it, I'm pretty sure I'll be taking out those mounts for a front license plate completely. I do hope that screen will be sturdy enough to take some sharp raps from bugs hitting it at high speed. And I hope there are no unintended consequences from doing this sort of thing. Seems like a good idea, but heck.....

I actually ordered the panel from a place called Pinnacle Corvette (http://www.pinnaclecorvette.com/C5_Z...4_p/cf1262.htm), and I sent them an email as well about this. Their response was that what I got was unacceptable and they are going to contact the manufacturer too to see what they want to do about fixing this problem for me. So at least they are on my side with this, and agree with me, and not giving me the bum's rush.

So we'll see how this pans out.