View Single Post
Unread 12-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #9
BLU2K

Name :
BLU2K is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Well, I got an email response from American Hydrocarbon, and they sent me a return shipping label for the screen plate through Pinnacle Corvette. Interestingly enough it is not going back to them, but to another place called "Carbon Fiber Works" in Starke, FL. But in any event, it is on it's way back to whoever built the thing, I guess.

My return shipping address wasn't on the label, so no telling what sort of path and timeline the replacement part is going to have to take to get to me.

I guess I could have taken a shot at building one of these myself, as there is an interesting thread about this mod over on CorvetteForum -> http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...cover-mod.html. Even gives part numbers for the correct screening needed.

But I would have to buy another front license plate panel anyway, since one of the holes for the mounting screws is buggered up and I would have to fix that as well if I wanted to just cut up my original panel. But I'll wait and see what they do about this one first, I suppose. I made it pretty plain in my email what I expected concerning this panel, and even pointed them to the above mentioned thread on CorvetteForum. But it's not likely that American Hydrocarbon is unaware of that thread. If you read that thread yourself, you'll know why I say this.
I am taking care of this to get you the screen plate you want.

I took a three inch hole saw and just drilled three holes in my bumper.
I then removed it and painted the area with flat black.

BLU2K is offline   Reply With Quote