View Single Post
Unread 01-25-2013, 11:22 PM   #1995
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Got a new tune this morning from Mike Carnahan. So I flashed in the tune and took the car out for a drive.

Still feels a little weak at slow speeds, and I stalled the car coming out of the driveway. And that darn drivetrain noise popped up again. Still surges a bit, too. I don't even have to have my foot on the gas pedal and I'm going 11 mph down my dirt road.

But otherwise the throttle response is a lot better! I felt the rear tires break loose in second gear and I was only about half throttle according to the log file. 54% throttle and 5334 peak RPM at the time. Still some minor flat spots in the acceleration, but they'll get ironed out.

Gas mileage too a little bit of a hit, it seems, but not much. Seems to be better at the end of the drive than it is at the beginning of the drive. AFR was right on the money.

The scavenge pump for the turbos seems really loud in this video, but I think it's because I had the remote microphone on the front floor facing towards the firewall. At least it wasn't picking up annoying clicking that the on-camera microphone always picks up on the bumpy road.

The airbridge couplers seem to be holding up fine, but I've got some stuff on order to work on that later on to try to make sure it doesn't become a problem later on down the road.

I feel like I have subscribed to the "tune of the day" club. So I guess I'll have my next "package" tomorrow in my email inbox.